Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

SteveAS

Practically Family
Chinaski said:
And coming in at sub $100 as well...seems reasonable.

I was going to bid, but it went for more than I was my willing to pay with the badly stained liner. I'm not saying the buyer didn't do well, however . . .

barrowjh

One Too Many
I bid early on for the Stetson 100, but was unwilling to chase it after that. It just looks dingy, and I have not had much success in cleaning the dingy look out of light colored felts. Depends on the nature of the stain, so a dingy light-colored felt is a genuine gamble.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
That 100 is a steal. Even in that small size, I can't believe that someone wouldn't shell out at least $200 for it.

7 1/2 boater
368168490_tp.jpg

nice looking Borso 1
c497__11_.jpg

nice looking Borso 2
c498__8_.jpg

AXL DEMOCRACY

One of the Regulars
I'm looking at perhaps bidding on a Stetson Whippet on eBay. The size is 3/8. Wondering if that is a 6 3/8 or 7 3/8? I'll have to email the seller I guess.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Nailing Down a Size

I like asking buyers to measure the hat's opening from front to back and side to side. It's less work for them than circumference, often more accurate, and gives you some idea of the oval shape, as well.

Anj

Mario

I'll Lock Up
AXL DEMOCRACY said:
I'm looking at perhaps bidding on a Stetson Whippet on eBay. The size is 3/8. Wondering if that is a 6 3/8 or 7 3/8? I'll have to email the seller I guess.

I have yet to see a 6 3/8. The smallest hat I've ever seen roaming about the prairie was a 6 1/2, so I take this to be a 7 3/8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou