Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Wyrd

Familiar Face
Dobbs

Well my vintage veluna dobbs finally arrived!

I rather love it. its a smidge too big. thinking of getting a disposable sweatband to down size it a little, but its perfectly fine to wear on a not too breezy day lol. Its colour looked green when i first saw it which seems absurd to think looking at the photos but in the right.. or wrong light it has a green hint to it lol.
my only concern with the hat is the sweatband at the front and back has come away making it a bit fragile.

DSC07907.jpg

DSC07910.jpg
with and without feather
DSC07895.jpg

No lining
Do.jpg

DSC07900.jpg
DSC07899.jpg
DSC07902.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:

I was thinking about going at that one but, knowing nothing about clocks, didn't know what it was. If I'm understanding the Wiki entry I skimmed, quartz movements weren't sold until '69. That's an older crest in the clock, so I still don't know what to think about it.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I was thinking about going at that one but, knowing nothing about clocks, didn't know what it was. If I'm understanding the Wiki entry I skimmed, quartz movements weren't sold until '69. That's an older crest in the clock, so I still don't know what to think about it.
The current eyewear also uses the older crest, so no dating assistance there.

BanjoMerlin

A-List Customer
Lefty said:

I missed the part about it being a quartz movement. I would have thought it would be plastic if it was that late.

Should look nice on the wall though.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:

OK, Mr. Quartz-Movement Research Guy...

At the very least, that clock hung on a wall at the Philadelphia Stetson Factory from 1969 until 1970. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...:p

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
I don't know anything about quartz, but battery powered wall clocks were made before 1969.

jimmy the lid said:
OK, Mr. Quartz-Movement Research Guy...

At the very least, that clock hung on a wall at the Philadelphia Stetson Factory from 1969 until 1970. That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it...:p

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carouselvic said:
I don't know anything about quartz, but battery powered wall clocks were made before 1969.

That's what I'm wondering about. It seems like the question is -- how early would a "AA" battery have powered a wall clock of this sort?

Lefty -- don't know what led you in the "quartz" direction (it isn't mentioned in the auction), but I'm all ears...

Cheers,
JtL

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Like I said, I know nothing about clocks and am (but quickly becoming was) under the impression that battery powered means a quartz movement. As far as I know, there's mechanical or quartz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace