Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Lloyd

A-List Customer
$100 Optimo.
Got this about a month ago from a fellow in Guam. Restyled by Art to fit me.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fcdVtcY%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

OptimofromeBayFeb20116.jpg

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Well...

I hesitated a few seconds because of the size (my noggin 7 1/4) but knew it would go fast. Turns out the seller emailed me that he listed the wrong size, found the tag, it's a 7 1/8. Plenty of crown/brim for a mild stretch.

I don't feel so bad now. Whew!

:arated:
Thanks Vic!
I feel lucky too now, er, Mr. Lucky! I was gonna be on that like a duck on a junebug. Instead I dodged a bullet. Thanks for the 411, both of ya'll!

Last edited:

Levallois

Practically Family
Don't ask me why but I had to have this Mallory Homburg. I don't like the front pinch but overall the hat looked good. I been wanting to take the Homburg plunge and this one also looked old to me and was sold by a store my mom used to go to in the 1930s when she was a kid living in St. Louis. Unfortunately, it went higher than I had originally planned but I got caught up in bidding fever - always a bad thing.

Malloryhat1.jpg

Malloryhat5.jpg

Malloryhat6.jpg

Malloryhat7.jpg

Viktor

One of the Regulars
Yes a bit high, but you got yourself a very nice Homburg, plus from the store your mom use to go to, it was your opportunity to own it. Congrats! :eusa_clap

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Hopefully someone here got it AND shares. I really hate to see these turn up and then all that info disappears....

B

Boy the listing itself was a great read I can image what the whole book will be like. Great stuff and I can see why it sold for so high. Though it was a give away that every one in the hat business recieved every year I am sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points