Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Hückel Foulard + Hatbox

I recently won this one. Appears to be an early Hückel Hutfabrik Weilheim.

5493834562_7b17136ee8_o.jpg

5493836198_49dc5b3280_o.jpg

delectans

Call Me a Cab
Yes it was me who picked that one up. A Mallory 15 lover I have a soft spot for them. I now have a Brown and Dove colorways of the 15.
Lefty what other colors where made in the 15? Can not wait to get it.

Congrats on a beautiful Mallory! Looking forward to some better images of the hat when you receive it.

Justin B

One Too Many
Ok, bidding on three hats right now...one I'm being outbid on, one I'm waiting till it's under 24 hours to bid on, and one....the seller has setup a shell bidder. I don't know about ou but it's incredibly annoying and I feel rather dishonest. 37% of bidding with that seller...yet hasn't bought anything. If I didn't really want the hat it'd report the cad.

fmw

One Too Many
Ok, bidding on three hats right now...one I'm being outbid on, one I'm waiting till it's under 24 hours to bid on, and one....the seller has setup a shell bidder. I don't know about ou but it's incredibly annoying and I feel rather dishonest. 37% of bidding with that seller...yet hasn't bought anything. If I didn't really want the hat it'd report the cad.

My suggestion would be to get a sniping program. That will fix it so the shill bidder won't have time to respond. You can put your max bid in the sniping program and it will transmit your bid at the last second along with the other sniped bids. Highest bid wins, sniped or otherwise. If he is shill bidding he doesn't want to outbid everyone or the hat won't sell. You can order one on ebay and download it to have it running in a few minutes. My sniping program cost $4. Then I would report the cad.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
If you suspect someone is shilling, maybe staying away is a good bet.

Your bids mean nothing until the final second. All you're doing is driving up the price for those who will beat you in the end.

Why pay to snipe? There are plenty of free programs. Of course, you can always just bid the normal way in the final 5 seconds. I'm not pro or anti snipe, both seem like good options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112