Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Simon Collins

New in Town
Thank you Mr. HatsEnough, you're too kind....and I'm gonna change my avatar photo as soon as maybe, I look like a smug youngish Col Saunders.....in real life I closely resemble a cross between George Clooney & Cary Grant, but better looking.......I wish!

......ok this is a better likeness, but mum kept telling me to not look so glum....well, pretty soon it was hanky time!

Last edited:

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
that old Stetson would fit my Holy Grail list rather nicely. Wish it was my size, wish I could have bid that high, etc.

however, I couldn't resist this one.
kgrhqmokj8e4tnoykd4bol2.jpg

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! I hope it's as good as it looks-- this was the only photo, so I took a bit of a gamble on it. Grey does change the look entirely, and it's not a color I currently have in my bowler lineup. Seemed like a fun one to jump on.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
That is a looker, bowlerman! And in your size, no less. I'm bidding on a bowler now, a boring but stately old black one. It's my 3rd attempt to win one, and I'm no more confident this round.

Tango, "patina" indeed. Gotta love euphemisms. :)

TCMfan25

Practically Family
So uh.... who were the losing bidders on my recently won, one of my Holy Grail hats?

The Gray Knox Superfine Homburg 7 3/8 listed as a Resistol Fedora. Went for $76.00.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
That is a looker, bowlerman! And in your size, no less. I'm bidding on a bowler now, a boring but stately old black one. It's my 3rd attempt to win one, and I'm no more confident this round.

were you watching that one too? how did you know it was in my size? ;)
Good luck with the black one. If you and I are the same size, I know there are a few nice options out there right now. My hand will be staid, god willing.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
So uh.... who were the losing bidders on my recently won, one of my Holy Grail hats?

The Gray Knox Superfine Homburg 7 3/8 listed as a Resistol Fedora. Went for $76.00.

Congratulatons! I was a watcher on it. I asked the seller a question about it on the color, since the photos of the top side of the hat appeared off-white in my monitor with grey on the underside. Usually the photos of the inside of the hat that include the underside of the brim are the most accurate but I asked to be sure on it. Then I decided that I've been lucky getting the last few hats into the house unnoticed, and decided not to push my luck with this one. ;)

It is a beauty, indeed, and as it's a Grail hat for you I'm glad I didn't bid. I don't know which of us would have won, but it may have gone for a much higher price.

Cheers,
Tom

fmw

One Too Many
High? $155 for a filthy, sweat stained panama is beyond ridiculous. That kind of money would buy a perfectly attractive, genuine, hand woven brand new panama. It would look a lot better than this one. I simply don't get it, I guess.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
High? $155 for a filthy, sweat stained panama is beyond ridiculous. That kind of money would buy a perfectly attractive, genuine, hand woven brand new panama. It would look a lot better than this one. I simply don't get it, I guess.

I have to agree with ya on this one. For that kinda money you can get a GREAT brand new Cuenca or Montecristi from Panama Bob and give it your own sweat stains :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran