Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Simon Collins

New in Town
I have to agree with ya on this one. For that kinda money you can get a GREAT brand new Cuenca or Montecristi from Panama Bob and give it your own sweat stains :)

.....yes it does seem a bit much....Mind you I just bought my first ever vintage fedora's, a Dobbs for a similar price as the straw, and a worn looking Knox. And yes I know I could've bought something new & shiney for a similar price as the Dobbs. But for me, these stylish bit's of old material have a certain alluring mystique. For one thing they evoke a time period, and a place. The Knox was bought many years ago at a shop in Harrisonburg in old Virginny...and the Dobbs was presumably purchased while Chandler was still swigging the amber nectar and dreaming up fiendish plots filled with loose women and guy's and gun's and...phew!.....and even if that's all a fantasy......for a foolishly romantic Englishman it does'nt get much better than that!.....apart from mooning over my 1974 large headstock Fender Stratocaster.

Last edited:

Walt

One of the Regulars

That particular seller sure does add a lot of "prose" to his listings. Maybe that's why he got (gets) so much. There have been quite a few items that must be chocked up to bidding frenzy (or whatever it's called when items in not so great condition get fabulous prices). Great for the seller especially if he picked it up at a thrift store or yard sale for a song.

HatsEnough

Banned
Man. Was watching a hat all day, had it up on my screen for a couple hours. Went to bid at the 30 second mark and found that my login had expired and I had to re-log in and bid again. Just made it (and won the hat) with 3 seconds to spare. Nail biter!!

Simon Collins

New in Town
...congrats dude, I know the feeling.....my first bid went like this....after hours of scrutiny, 3 mins to go; feet up feeling rather smug, don't know what all the fuss is about, I'm in the lead......5 seconds to go, the dastardly beast invokes a frenzied peeing contest.....I instantly turn into a flailing Wile E Coyote just before he get's squashed!.....lost of course...I did laugh!....Yeah right, took me hours to recover.....but I did learn for next time baby!

T Rick

Practically Family
Man. Was watching a hat all day, had it up on my screen for a couple hours. Went to bid at the 30 second mark and found that my login had expired and I had to re-log in and bid again. Just made it (and won the hat) with 3 seconds to spare. Nail biter!!
And?? (Isn't another shoe supposed to drop after that opening ;))?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
The Pinless are indeed fortunate that you can help them out, Mr. Lefty.

I really liked the green one, but I really don't need another green at the moment.

Stetson straw - perhaps a leghorn weave, perhaps late 1930's early 1940's... definitely a yellow ribbon... auction photos.

stetsleg2.jpg

stetsleg1.jpg

stetsleg3.jpg

stetsleg4.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters