Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

HatsEnough

Banned
This 100% beaver 7 1/2 LO went pretty cheap, considering it came with its own coffin.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330601153168?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_898

That is a really interesting hat trunk. It looks like an actual hat trunk, one made for a hat (as opposed to a trunk someone stuck a hat in).

In fact, in style and manufacture of the outside looks very much like a Stetson 100 hat. Not in color, of course, but in style.

Anyway, it is interesting and I've never seen anything like it.

T Rick

Practically Family
yowch. Intact, though? It still looks like a great set of colors and has a nice cav edge, no?
Intact yes, no worries there. And it is definitely brown, but has a greenish undertone. Very cool colors, I'm pleased. As for the edge, it's an underwelt, but very nicely done (and viewed from the top it does look a bit like a Cavanaugh).

Finally one that fits!!!! This one is supper light and is in NOS condition ... No issues with shipping tha fully!!! Hate to see crushed boxes at the door!!

Picked this up on a quick buy it now! I think it was on for 15min!

4fa88a0e.jpg
Super find there, great catch indeed!

That is a really interesting hat trunk. It looks like an actual hat trunk, one made for a hat (as opposed to a trunk someone stuck a hat in).

In fact, in style and manufacture of the outside looks very much like a Stetson 100 hat. Not in color, of course, but in style.

Anyway, it is interesting and I've never seen anything like it.

I hope to post pictures of my recently received Churchill 100 tomorrow. Its black case is similar, with quilted satin lining... more nicely finished than the Stetson 100 suitcases I've seen.

HatsEnough

Banned
I hope to post pictures of my recently received Churchill 100 tomorrow. Its black case is similar, with quilted satin lining... more nicely finished than the Stetson 100 suitcases I've seen.

Cool. I have a Churchill 25 that is a nice hat. Trunkless, but in a Churchill hat box with a belted closure, anyway.

I am very interested in seeing your trunk, though. Neat. Until recently I was unaware that other hat makers went to the expense of an elaborate hardsided trunk like the Stetson 100.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Oh my Gawd! I've often wanted one of those Three Way hat boxes. If I had paid good money for one of those hat boxes and it came in that kind of shape... I'd lose it.

I kinda did. DHL's customer service got an earful.

Very strange story. I've never heard of anything like that before.

Might be why DHL didn't last long in the stateside home delivery business. The box it arrived in didn't have my address on it; just the delivery label DHL had created and stuck on it. The seller described the box she used, and it wasn't even close.

This is one reason I tend to toot USPS's horn when I get the chance. Out of the around 800 or so eBay purchases I've made, I've never had a USPS-delivered package arrive damaged that wasn't the fault of the shipper (too flimsy a box used, generally.) The private companies, not such a good track record.

Cheers,
Tom

Kkaderly

One of the Regulars
This photo makes me very sad. I sure hope there are other examples of this type of box in existence. What if that were the LAST ONE EVER MADE? I get misty just thinkin' about it. DHL, huh. Damaged, Harmed, Lost.

That is exactly what I thought! I havn't seen a box like that! So sad!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Oh my Gawd! I've often wanted one of those Three Way hat boxes. If I had paid good money for one of those hat boxes and it came in that kind of shape... I'd lose it.

I kinda did. DHL's customer service got an earful.

Very strange story. I've never heard of anything like that before.

Might be why DHL didn't last long in the stateside home delivery business. The box it arrived in didn't have my address on it; just the delivery label DHL had created and stuck on it. The seller described the box she used, and it wasn't even close.

This is one reason I tend to toot USPS's horn when I get the chance. Out of the around 800 or so eBay purchases I've made, I've never had a USPS-delivered package arrive damaged that wasn't the fault of the shipper (too flimsy a box used, generally.) The private companies, not such a good track record.

Cheers,
Tom

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Finally one that fits!!!! This one is supper light and is in NOS condition ... No issues with shipping tha fully!!! Hate to see crushed boxes at the door!!

Picked this up on a quick buy it now! I think it was on for 15min!

Sweet catch, Kkaderly!

This photo makes me very sad. I sure hope there are other examples of this type of box in existence. What if that were the LAST ONE EVER MADE? I get misty just thinkin' about it. DHL, huh. Damaged, Harmed, Lost.

I know of at least two others... I kinda overcompensated after losing that one! :D Unfortunately, they're not in as good a condition as that one was before DHL got their hands on it. :mad:

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
This is one reason I tend to toot USPS's horn when I get the chance. Out of the around 800 or so eBay purchases I've made, I've never had a USPS-delivered package arrive damaged that wasn't the fault of the shipper (too flimsy a box used, generally.)

Over the years, I've seen a couple instances where USPS damaged a properly packaged parcel by improper handling. But I agree that that's fairly rare and that they do a really fine job overall.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL