Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Mario

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
!B2djhBg!mk~$(KGrHqEOKjUE)(MMp0QRBMinOm!1Jg~~_12.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemnext&item=140451828658.html#ht_500wt_1154

Great find - and from the German Ebay site no less... :eusa_doh:

Yeps said:
I actually won a hat. I need to not do this anymore. I don't actually have enough money to buy hats.

My Very Own Open Road
406080062_o.jpg

I guess I am no longer in the market for that Campdraft right now.

We will see how this really works. This is the first time i bought a vintage hat on ebay. (I know, it is not very old or in very good condition).

That should clean up nicely, Yeps. Let's see it when you get it.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
hatophile said:
That should clean up nicely, Yeps. Let's see it when you get it.

I am really excited. I have no idea how it will want to be shaped, but be assured, you will see the results. I will post it in the new hats thread, and apply for membership to the Open Road Guild.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I'm excited about this Harry Rolnick-marked Resistol. It looks to be in excellent condition and I'm optimistic about Kitten-Finish Beaver Fifteen felt.

Any thoughts on its age, gents? With no liner cover and an un-reeded sweatband, I'm thinking 40s . . .

!B2mvl7gBmk~$(KGrHqF,!g0E)7z59wNRBMjOjSynGQ~~0_12.JPG

!B2mwKOg!mk~$(KGrHqN,!hkE)78!o,yfBMjOkocfjw~~0_12.JPG

!B2mv7sQBGk~$(KGrHqF,!iME)q7DRdgmBMjOkGVPL!~~0_12.JPG

Mario

I'll Lock Up
SteveAS said:
I'm excited about this Harry Rolnick-marked Resistol. It looks to be in excellent condition and I'm optimistic about Kitten-Finish Beaver Fifteen felt.

Any thoughts on its age, gents? With no liner cover and an un-reeded sweatband, I'm thinking 40s . . .

Excellent! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Had it been my size I would have put in a bid as well. I'm pretty sure that you'll love it. And I'm with zetwal - my guess would be 50's as well.

buler

I'll Lock Up
Not a Jiffy pop popcorn maker

Picked up a vintage Jiffy Steamer today. Luckily it was a local seller so I didn't have to get it shipped. It even works and its vintage steam....

B

jiffy_1.jpg

jiffy_2.jpg

theinterchange

One Too Many
Yeps said:
I actually won a hat. I need to not do this anymore. I don't actually have enough money to buy hats.

My Very Own Open Road
406080062_o.jpg

I guess I am no longer in the market for that Campdraft right now.

We will see how this really works. This is the first time i bought a vintage hat on ebay. (I know, it is not very old or in very good condition).

Great stuff! I somehow missed this one, or I'd have bid on it, too.

That cat in the listing template is just creepy :eek: ... and makes me wonder if the hat'll be full of hairs? ;)

Congrats!

Randy

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
theinterchange said:
Great stuff! I somehow missed this one, or I'd have bid on it, too.

That cat in the listing template is just creepy :eek: ... and makes me wonder if the hat'll be full of hairs? ;)

Congrats!

Randy

Only gotta worry about that if it's a Kitten Finish. :eek: :D :D

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
8 So far

Well, in my first full month of hat-buying on ebay, here is the result...

hats_8sofar.JPG

(The light gray one on the burgandy hat box was not from ebay, though. I bought that one from a vintage clothing store I found on the Internet tubuals.)

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
WELL DONE!

If you snagged this VINTAGE DEMON HANOVER MENS FEDORA HAT SIZE 7 LGHT BROWN. It's a great hat, great piece of history and the box alone went for 500 clams in a recent auction. In fact the The Hambletonian Society's museum has the box, but not the hat.

Mr. Harrison Hoyt also commemorated his win with a line of neckties that I have been looking for w/o result for a few years. The snap-brim felt hat was sold in two weights and three colors - light tan, gray and medium brown- but the buff colored are all I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran