Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
I have a beautiful mint condition Kevin McAndrew Fedora which was previously owned by Daniel Boone for sale in the classified section. I believe it was made in the 1860's or there about. It's a 7 1/2 long oval and is audigraphed by the previous owner. One of a kind guys....................

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Stetson Excellent Quality expo medal derby, size 7

I almost bid on this for the collectible Lefty mannequin.

3773845370_5fcd88d384.jpg

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I know it has to do with shipping routes and efficiency and such, but this sort of thing always makes me laugh.

This is the tracking on a package on its way to me from just across the border into Indiana. Instead of the 228 miles (by google maps) from Richmond, IN to Akron, OH, it will travel a total of about 536 miles, or 308 extra miles - more than the entire trip from Richmond.

Processed through Sort Facility, July 26, 2011, 5:27 pm, WARRENDALE, PA 15086 [369 miles from Indy, 94.2 miles southeast of Akron]
Processed through Sort Facility, July 25, 2011, 10:08 pm, INDIANAPOLIS, IN 46241 [72.9 miles further West]
Electronic Shipping Info Received, July 25, 2011
Acceptance, July 25, 2011, 3:45 pm, RICHMOND, IN 47374

fmw

One Too Many
Likely, they don't have a truck that runs between Richmond and Akron. So it goes to a hub where it is transferred to a truck that goes to Akron or to yet another hub that covers Akron. If it were an air shipment, it would go to Louisville before going to one of the hubs. Our UPS shipments all come through the Indy hub no matter where they originated.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
Nokidding. I'll have to try that sometime. There are [strangely] waaay too many hats bobbing around the bay that are drawing my interest lately. not good, not good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112