Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I was watching this Barbisio, very nice hat. I was happy it wasn't my size so didn't have to worry about being tempted.

Screen-Shot-2011-12-02-at-925-L.jpg

Same here David glad it wasn't my size.:)

The original lining of the top hat I restored has this exact logo, which I reproduced on silk when I made another lining for it (the original is somewhat damaged, but I kept it for historical authenticity). Do you know much about Borchert?

Appears they were a highend (Prussian Royal Court Supplier) Berlin hat store. The ad (12/1913) is from Rehfus & Cie., Kehl a. Rhein who were using this mark so they were probably the maker. Chepstow (Manfred) might be able to clarify the wording in the ad. Here is a link to some info Chepstow provided on Rehfus & Cie..

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20-rehfus-federleicht/page__view__findpost__p__503

Last edited:

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The original lining of the top hat I restored has this exact logo, which I reproduced on silk when I made another lining for it (the original is somewhat damaged, but I kept it for historical authenticity). Do you know much about Borchert?

C.W. Borchert was the Supplier imperial court, he had a hat shop in Friedrichstr.
In the Ad: It means that Borchert was a customer of Rehfus. The quality and look, is the same of Rehfus produced Hats.

http://books.google.de/books?id=g_v...=0CEYQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=c.W.Borchert&f=false

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Well I sent him a message and this is his reply
Dear jedwbpm,

HI- I CHECKED IT OUT AND YOU ARE RIGHT! ITS NOT VINTAGE. THANKS FOR TELLING ME! I WILL RELIST IT ACCURATELY.

- roberts1hfb
Well it looks like he is an honest guy.

Jeff

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many

I must admit I am absolutely horrible at what should sell at what price..

Sometimes I try to get an idea from past closed auctions but that isn't entirely accurate either.

Sometimes I seek help here from someone who is very knowledgeable about fedoras or a specific make and model ...

Bottom line for me is the hat is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.....

But is there a reason why this Fedora sold for this amount ??????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart