Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars

Mystic

Practically Family
PHP:
Reading this made me so sad. I recently had an Allessandira for sale on the bay and it only sold for 70 bucks. I know it was because of the 6 7/8 hat size but man that is a huge drop off!

You might also consider the lack of bidding on a better hat because of ebay's bogus "one click" tactic.

what's the point in bidding and desiring a better hat on ebay when your bid can be dashed with one click......don't even need to have enough engery to enter a bid and submit it.....just one click at the last second......

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars

Canadian Cowboy

One of the Regulars

T Rick

Practically Family
Wow. Before heading out tonight, I placed a low snipe for this one, not expecting to win. To my surprise, when I got home, I discovered I'd won the auction (at my max bid!). Then, I noticed why it must've gotten under many folks radar. It was what appears to be unworn, described as a "Whppet" (listing it as "wool" probably didn't help their case either). Gotta love when they misspell the description (twice in this case!). Reminds me of several of the vintage "Gillete" and "Gilette" razors I bought cheap because people didn't think to search on the common misspellings.

My last Whippet was in rather mediocre shape, this one appears as new!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy