Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Caramel Smoothie I like your style !

That is just how I see it nobody " stole your hat " ,you just have to be smart and pony up and get the drop on the next
guy or gal as the case may be .

I noticed that you and others have been talking about a service or program so I had to ask , because I just do it myself at the keyboard , I didn't even know there was a service or a program , I trust that you will enlighten me on this subject
matter.

All the Best , Fashion Frank

Certainly Frank.

It is www.bidnapper.com. I have been using them for several years now. I think I pay 50 bucks a year, which is a little over 4 bucks a month and more than worth it.

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family

Ha I just saw this. I am now one more in a long line of people who thought they might be able to squeeze into a 6 7/8.

It's an absolutely beautiful hat but unfortunately meant for someone else. If anyone would care for it i'll let it go for what I paid..

Landman

One Too Many
I don't see any problems with using a sniping program. The program just does exactly what I would do if I was sitting in front of the keyboard. Before I started using one I lost quite a few items because I wasn't available at the end of the auction to place a bid. Now I don't have to worry about it. I set a bid for the most I would want to pay for the item and let the program do it's work. If I win, that's great, if not it is no big deal. I also think it benefits the Sellers too because they got a bid from me that they might not have received without the program. That is the reason I believe EBay allows sniping programs.

scooter

Practically Family
I must be confused. The only purpose a sniping program provides ANYONE, is that it relieves you of the responsibility to sit at your keyboard and wait for the last 5 seconds of a particular auction. You simply establish what the maximum you are willing to pay, set your snipe and forget about it. I can't speak for others, but I have better things to do than schedule my days around the end times of a myriad of auctions I may be interested in. You don't like sniping programs, why use an alarm clock, just stay up all night waiting for time to get up for work. Why not use a french press every day, rather than setting up your coffee maker? Why not start your DVR manually, rather than set a time for your favorite show to record and let the machine do the work? I thought this was the whole purpose of technology! I don't pay a bit more for a hat using a sniping program than I would if I sat glued to the auction waiting for the final seconds. In fact, I probably save a lot of money by establishing a set maximum and letting the machine to the thinking for me!

fashion frank

One Too Many
Ha I just saw this. I am now one more in a long line of people who thought they might be able to squeeze into a 6 7/8.

It's an absolutely beautiful hat but unfortunately meant for someone else. If anyone would care for it i'll let it go for what I paid..

I would be interested in that hat ,in fact I was watching that one but passed on it as the brim looks small and I already have a ton of stingy brims in 6 7/8 BUT I was watching it just because of the hat band itself.

Shoot me a p.m. and we can talk thanks .

All the Best , Fashion Frank

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Interesting cap--pulled in less than 24 hrs w/ a bid

Hmm.. Unfortunately not so rare. Sniping useless in these cases...
%2524T2eC16N%252C%2521%2529EE9s2ufgoMBRCeOMCW%2528g%257E%257E60_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-VTG-20S-30S-TWEED-NEWSBOY-HAT-CAP-M-L-/140911689048

Last edited:
... I set a bid for the most I would want to pay for the item and let the program do it's work. If I win, that's great, if not it is no big deal...
I do the same thing natively in the eBay site. How does clandestine sniper tools change it? I'm not going to have a different max with sniper or w/out. Max bid is max bid. The rest is just perception. I know snipers are there...

ofcoursemyhorse

Practically Family
Yea sniping ends up costing me way more money, mostly because I dont use a service and end up bidding a bit more than i'd like sometimes, simply out of a desire to win.

I've had to start setting my max and just letting fate decide.

fashion frank

One Too Many
I don't see any problems with using a sniping program. The program just does exactly what I
would do if I was sitting in front of the keyboard.

Before I started using one I lost quite a few items because I wasn't available at the end of the auction to place a bid.

The last quote " I wasn't available at the end of the auction to place a bid " is the key to the whole thing IMHO .

I'm sure we have all heard of Machiavelli and his thoughts on " being available " because it's all about availability.

I have a small noggin which is to my advantage to begin with plus I make myself available at the last second and "snipe " the item on the sly ,on the cheap, and on the Q-T :eusa_clap or "Johnny on the spot " as they say .

After a while ,you will have a ton of hats from sniping without spending a lotta dough ,then you can get picky and not
have to be "in the zone " all the time .

All the Best, Fashion Frank

P. S. AS AN EXAMPLE : Take a look at the end time of this auction ,where it shows how many bids their where and click on the bid tab and you will see how much time was left when I
confirmed my bid against the "house " end time .

I sniped them with like with 3 or 4 seconds left and got away with all those hats at a low price because I "ran them out of time and outta town " at the last second.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390505966994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran