Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
A very nice scoop. Looks to have the perimeter of a 7 already. Keep us posted.

Alan, it should be arriving tomorrow. I will let you know its actual size. I am hoping the seller was very inaccurate in measuring it but its too much to hope for a 7 1/8. Will have to learn how to get photos on this site to share my good fortune.

esteban68

Call Me a Cab

nigeloscar

One of the Regulars
Howlers..

I've had a few... The rm boots that I just didn't happen to see were ladies .. The two vintage akubra's that had pretty much died a death ( more rabbit than hat)

But my new favourite Stockman makes up for it all!! Bring on the bargains!

okbrewer

New in Town
Last week while perusing the shelves of a local discount store, I spotted a Stetson hat box and made a bee-line for it. Inside was a new 4X Open Road silver belly, size 7 1/8. Bought it for 80% off the retail price and now need to see if I can have it sized to fit my 7 3/8 head!

Bob R in OKC

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Hats resized

Take it to Shorty's down in Stockyard City...

Can hats be resized? I have a Bradford LTD. Super, (pre Resistol)...Open Road style that is absolutely my favorite...Neither Stetson that I have compare to it...My only issue with the Bradford is that it's a 7 1/8 and it's too snug for my 7 1/8 Long Oval head....I had thought about selling or trading it, but if I could get this hat to fit me I wouldn't even consider letting it go...The Bradford I have is just an awesome and clean vintage hat!

Can hats be resized? I have a Bradford LTD. Super, (pre Resistol)...Open Road style that is absolutely my favorite...Neither Stetson that I have compare to it...My only issue with the Bradford is that it's a 7 1/8 and it's too snug for my 7 1/8 Long Oval head....I had thought about selling or trading it, but if I could get this hat to fit me I wouldn't even consider letting it go...The Bradford I have is just an awesome and clean vintage hat!

Sure, changing the oval should be just reblocking with a LO block instead of Regular Oval one.
Going multiple sizes up can result in losing brim width because that moves up into the crown.

That is exactly where I was going to take it! They did a great job with my Wormser "Gay Prince" to get it to fit me.

Bob R in OKC

I got my first custom hat from Shorty back in mid-1990's. She has renovated & repaired an Open Road & a 25 for me over the years.
I go by every year I come out for the Futurity (NRHA) in late Nov/early Dec.
Last time, I did see more of a fedora style hat than just westerns....

fedorafiend

Familiar Face
Alan, it should be arriving tomorrow. I will let you know its actual size. I am hoping the seller was very inaccurate in measuring it but its too much to hope for a 7 1/8. Will have to learn how to get photos on this site to share my good fortune.

Alan, I thought I'd give you an update. This Montecristi ranks waaay up there on my list of eBay bargains. The WPI is 1000+ and the best part of it is that the weave is soo uniform throughout!! The hat has no damage whatsoever, just that attractive age patina. It is still soft and not dried out. Incidentally, you were correct, it is a size 7. I will have it enlarged and have the sweatband replaced. As soon as I get technical help from my son or daughter and take some photos, I will post for all to enjoy my very good fortune.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran