Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

I always have a good laugh when a seller has an item that doesn't sell at one price and so they relist it at a HIGHER price. It's a move that makes ya go, "huh?"

I HAVE seen that strategy work before, especially in Real Estate sales. Or, conversely, I once made a LOWER second counter-offer when buying a small parcel of land. The seller panicked, and I got the deal. You never know...

Unlucky Berman

One of the Regulars
I couldn't resist this vintage Stetson. Guess its from the late 50's or early 60's? The felt is soo soft and its nearly mint, no dirt inside, the leather sweatband fresh and also soft. Just wow, I love it:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
French Linen Fedora

In my never ending, quixotic quest to find a cloth alternative to straws, I recently got this model. never heard of the company, but seemed pretty high-end when I looked 'em up. Anyone know of Anthony Peto of Paris & London? Got this from a great seller with the handle of "lamygolf". I have no association with him other than buying several of his hats. He has some GR8 deals of Christy's, Borsos, DP products & some Continental products not sold here I have never encountered. He's been right on the bubble for me. A real straight shooter, FWIW, my endorsement.

I can find very few wider brimmed linen fedoras. Brooks Bros has a quite nice $300 Lock & Co for summer, but for that coin, I'd rather get a Monti.

fedoracentric

Banned
This looked like a great Stetson nutria except for one thing... the seller seemed to do all he could to avoid saying what size it was.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251523525445?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

My guess, who ever got it is buying it blind on size and will be unhappy to find it is a tiny one when it comes in.

I'd also think it isn't older than the 20s like they said, but I'd like the experts here to weigh in on that.

John Galt

Vendor
I calculated the size at 7 3/8 if the given measurements were right.

I bid in the last 10 secs left and was in the lead for a few secs until someone (Alan?) doubled my bid in the last couple. Still a good price for such a hat. I'm no expert, but I think 1920's seemed a reasonable estimate, and that it might be older - I'd like to look at if closer.

Last edited:
This looked like a great Stetson nutria except for one thing... the seller seemed to do all he could to avoid saying what size it was.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251523525445?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

My guess, who ever got it is buying it blind on size and will be unhappy to find it is a tiny one when it comes in.

I'd also think it isn't older than the 20s like they said, but I'd like the experts here to weigh in on that.

The LOTXXXX number will tell. This mark was used in the 1920s. Not mine, but I am guessing we might get some additional photos and information from the purchaser.

fedoracentric

Banned
Ah, now I see. I only looked at that description once tonight and only saw the size as measured from brim edge to brim edge. I didn't see in the next sentence where it has the "hat opening" measurement.

I only saw that first measurement ,which would be no help, and then looked at the answered question where the seller refused to look behind the sweatband (or at least didn't admit to have done so) to see the Stetson sticker. It made me feel that the seller was trying to hide what size the hat was.

I agree, now, that if it is really a 7-3/8 hat then that is a great price!

I hope someone got a gem!

But it t'werent me!

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
ooookay. Well, this is what happens when you ebay after dark.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171304417656
$T2eC16V,!ykFIeqoCv5kBST1dn4org~~60_57.JPG

$T2eC16V,!zcFIdnwOkezBST1bq1fhw~~60_57.JPG

Why do I want this pimp hat thing, you ask? Because it's a navy ribbon away from being the Capt. Kirk hat!
img069.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran