Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks, everyone, for the likes and comments on this wonderful heather fedora! @Snowman @Blare @Rmccamey @deadlyhandsome
And thanks, Eric, @Short Balding Guy for the ad, though the writing is too small for me to read on my screen. Does it state what the V means?

I do not know exactly what V means. I have an old Stetson ad of the V hat from around WWII and presumed it was an advertisement that had to do with war themes. That does not ring true with this 50's hat advertisement. If I get a moment perhaps I can query up Stetson advertisements on the forum thread and see if anything points to a specific meaning.

Not providing an answer, Eric -

FFA86DC1-6123-472E-8EC7-465BEE4760F1.jpeg
AB326D6C-F157-49BF-9459-4D4D5D285567.jpeg
2F3A94C2-9087-4190-AF71-ADC07F493C63.jpeg

The liner was definitely not original - well the liner and the sweat we’re definitely not matched.

That’s what I assumed. They certainly didn’t look like they went together, and I’ve never seen that liner before. It was a great hat and had it been my size I would have either won the auction or made someone else pay through the nose. :)

Hahahaha! Jim, you snitch!:)
Hahahaha!
If I would have known that Jared and Brent wanted it, I would have abstained, but now I am too excited about it. I have been looking for such a hat for a long time!!!
Alan has several, and I've coveted one ever since I saw his. View attachment 316012 View attachment 316013 View attachment 316014 View attachment 316015 View attachment 316016 View attachment 316017 View attachment 316018 View attachment 316018 View attachment 316019 View attachment 316020 View attachment 316021

Looks like everybody else bailed after ~$160. So you and Brent were battling it out.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Thanks @BobHufford and @Frunobulax for the tip, but this cool velour western one went above my budget in consideration of upcoming vet bills. Maybe next time, dog wins this month!
Sorry, Jared. I didn't know it was you...
Nice snipe attempt, though. I wanted this one so bad, I was worried about snipers, so I upped the bid really high at the end. I have been waiting for one like it for months. I hope you don't hold it against me...
Edit: @jlee562, if you ever want a hat and are worried about me, just let me know...
Unless it's a mac 100 or a Stetson Ermine, I will step aside.

Last edited:

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
It’s all good, Max. That’s another Alan quality hat you got! Too bad it’s also in Alan’s size. I’m calling dibs on the next one that shows up in 7 5/8 or 7 3/4! ;)
Hahaha. There weren't any big-headed people back then, which is why I got frustrated and decided to grab the next one.
There is a beautiful brown one on Etsy for 2000 dollars, so I wanted to have one made by Optimo in their Cognac long felt.
Fortunately for me, Graham Thompson was on vacation, and I was waiting for his return before asking him to make one for me when this one showed up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner