Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

schwammy

Familiar Face
Yhat said:
I gotcha... Big head=big $... Didn't think I'd ever have to pay for that.

And that was indeed a great looking hat. More power to the winner! Maybe I need to run a few car washes and raise some extra capital for the next time something like that comes around.

But for the time being, I'll wallow in the Stratoliner and stalk the elusive OR.

I was the winning bidder on the Whippet, and I hear ya, lads. Seems like 5-10 years ago it was easy to find reasonably priced bigger hats on ebay. Now they're like hens' teeth.

Yeah, that was a huge chunk of change. But then again, a similar new hat from Optimo or Adventurebilt would be, what... $300, maybe? Only way I was able to afford it was that I received a sizeable insurance check after the recent death of my wife. So I am getting a great hat, but to tell the truth, I'd still rather have my wife back...

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
schwammy said:
I was the winning bidder on the Whippet, and I hear ya, lads. Seems like 5-10 years ago it was easy to find reasonably priced bigger hats on ebay. Now they're like hens' teeth.

Yeah, that was a huge chunk of change. But then again, a similar new hat from Optimo or Adventurebilt would be, what... $300, maybe? Only way I was able to afford it was that I received a sizeable insurance check after the recent death of my wife. So I am getting a great hat, but to tell the truth, I'd still rather have my wife back...
Sir, I am sorry for your loss. Wear the hat well and with fondness. If it were me, I'd think of it as for keeping the memories in.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
schwammy said:

I am very sorry to hear that.

If memory serves, I think Optimos start at $550. Adventurebilt around the same. Art and a few other custom hatters are the good deals in this arena...around $300 as a rule.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Chili,
Either your head or my head is going to have change sizes. You are formidable Ebay competition on the 7 1/8's.

I will admit that you have a head meant for hats so it eases my pain that you have it.

Since every time I bid againist you, you win and all that happens is the seller gets richer, it all worked out great.
Please give some photos when you get it.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
suitedcboy said:
Chili,
Either your head or my head is going to have change sizes. You are formidable Ebay competition on the 7 1/8's.

I will admit that you have a head meant for hats so it eases my pain that you have it.

Since every time I bid againist you, you win and all that happens is the seller gets richer, it all worked out great.
Please give some photos when you get it.

I will put some photos up soon...maybe next week. Busy this weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails