Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

CRH

Call Me a Cab
ScottF said:
... - a little small, but the closest Nutria I've been able to afford anywhere near my size:

Stetson Nutria on ebay

I was contemplating that one with hope of getting it cheap and spending the rest on a reblock. I placed no bid figuring Nutria would dash my cheap hopes.

Talk to me, Scott, before you unload that one - or maybe it will be a keeper!

:eusa_clap

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
CRH said:
I was contemplating that one with hope of getting it cheap and spending the rest on a reblock. I placed no bid figuring Nutria would dash my cheap hopes.

Talk to me, Scott, before you unload that one - or maybe it will be a keeper!

:eusa_clap

Okay, will do. The pics are not too informative, so I won't know much until it's in my hands, but it does look soft and bashable in those pics.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
I know it's only a 6 3/4, but...nothing?
DSC08147.jpg

Artie

Suspended
Thats alot for a 6 3/4. I just bought a Max Goldstein derby from the twenties size 7 mint for 25 with a very old Knox box. Couple of weeks ago I got a stetson derby form the early part of the last century for 7.99 in 7 1/8. I've noticed and have got some great deals lately. It seems that if it's not one of the really well known names or types of hats there is alot of bargains right now.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
I'm not really a baseball cap kind of guy, but this one looked pretty old to me.

Might be 25 years old or so, D-man. I have one just like it in brown leather that, if I recall correctly, I bought sometime in the '80s.

Regards,
Tom

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Wow. I missed that one. Even looking at at now, at first I thought it was one of the modern, European-sold vita-felts (which are just wool). It's not a Strat or an OR, it's just that style of hat in a type of felt that was only made (or at least marketed) during the first half of the 40s.
thread on vita-felt

rlk said:
I was tempted and thought mayserwegener might get it[huh] Still a $50.00 unwearable.

Yes I was tempted by this beauty but I recently won this tiny very rare J. Hückel´s Söhne (first & Söhne I have encountered and only lists Wien, could be pre WWI) bowler so I passed.

4466363565_00856eacc0_o.gif

rlk

I'll Lock Up
mayserwegener said:
Yes I was tempted by this beauty but I recently won this tiny very rare J. Hückel´s Söhne (first & Söhne I have encountered and only lists Wien, could be pre WWI) bowler so I passed.

4466363565_00856eacc0_o.gif
That one is beautiful and probably right on the pre WWI dating with the Jugendstil liner logo.

Artie said:
Thats alot for a 6 3/4. I just bought a Max Goldstein derby from the twenties size 7 mint for 25 with a very old Knox box. Couple of weeks ago I got a stetson derby form the early part of the last century for 7.99 in 7 1/8. I've noticed and have got some great deals lately. It seems that if it's not one of the really well known names or types of hats there is alot of bargains right now.

These pre 1945 Hückels are very rare in any size. Hückel was very well known in Europe and exported to the USA. They were known for superior quality and their velour finishes were considered the finest. Not many of Euro ones (especially the soft felt ones, see my avatar pic Hückel Jota Seal Velour) survived the war years. After 4 years of endless searching I have only found a couple of pre 1945 ones in my size (59cm).

blixa00

One of the Regulars

buler

I'll Lock Up
blixa00 said:
I just picked up this sweet Optimo on Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140396699292&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182, $60 plus shipping with BIN and yesterday I put a low bid in on a nice Dunlap in the original box and came out on top http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280485294414&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182 it is a little too small for me but I couldn't pass it up for the price...

That optimo was grand larceny! Nice find.

B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael