Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
That is really cheap for any type of hat, let alone a Whippet! I paid $185 for a later, minty Whippet from a fellow Lounger a little over a month ago. I thought it was expensive, but it seems like a bargain, now!

Good find, Tom!

Cheers,

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
Good find, Tom!

Cheers,

Oh, I didn't buy it, Flute... I was just watching it because I was curious as to whether or not the skyrocketing prices for Whippets was going to start affecting the smaller sizes as well.

I am looking forward to that oxblood Cavanagh I bought from Scott, though! ;)

Cheers,
Tom

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Tango Yankee said:
$265 for a 6 7/8 Whippet.

Almost makes a guy think about seeing whether to post any Whippets while the mania continues. Problem is, the Whippets I have adopted I've grown fond of! :p

Cheers,
Tom

I hope the buyer closed the sale because of the color and condition of the hat, and didn't just pick it up as a speculator hoping to turn it for the kind of $$ the larger sizes have been bringing...although it would serve an opportunist right to get stuck if that's the case.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
That was really ambiguous... I was actually referring to the other Tom, about his $12.50 Whippet. But still, good eye finding the oxblood and other Whippet! By the way, is runscott on the 'bay the same ScottF we have here? For some reason, I thought he said a different ID for eBay than runscott. Or am I thinking of someone else? :p

Cheers,

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
fluteplayer07 said:
That was really ambiguous... I was actually referring to the other Tom, about his $12.50 Whippet. But still, good eye finding the oxblood and other Whippet! By the way, is runscott on the 'bay the same ScottF we have here? For some reason, I thought he said a different ID for eBay than runscott. Or am I thinking of someone else? :p

Cheers,

Ah, gotcha. Tom D. Yup, very good price on his wife's! Unfortunately for me, my wife can wear my size if she's a mind to. She has a tendency to claim hats for herself if one comes in while she's home and she likes it!

And yes, runscott is our very own ScottF. I've bagged a couple of his hats now.

Cheers,
Tom

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Tango Yankee said:
That's a great one too, Salty! I kept an eye on that one but decided to go for the oxblood.

Cheers,
Tom

Thanks Salty, Tom. The goal is to take about a 3-4 week break from the internet and get caught up on other things, thus all the recent selling.

What a pleasure to finally be able to wear a Montecristi today :)

rippy444

Familiar Face
New E Bay Hats

I just got a Bright Red-NFL fedora with a white cord wrapped around it. Says KC Chiefs on the pin stuck to the side. It is brand new and soft as velvet. The band reads,Jack Henery, Country Plaza, Kansas City, Kansas. It also says Churchill LTD. Under the NFL label is A Brier Rolnic product. Paid $ 12.00 shipped. I love it. RIP :) :cool2: :cool2: :cool2: PS. It was shipped in its own origional Churchill hat box.

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
I love that in the liner notes somebody asked "please keep this as an auction" to ward of the "do you have a buy it now price mind" ebayers. It's no fun when grissled hat vetrans try to swoop in and snatch a great hat for a great price from an unsuspecting seller...that's just not cricket. :)
I guess style over substace is how it's going this week.

AndrewGWU

Familiar Face
First Pork Pie

Just won this auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Champ-Wynewood-...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4aa03ea4b5

It is 1 size smaller than the size I typically wear in vintage hats, but at that price I hated to let it go..... if it doesn't fit I figure I can get my money back out of it!

And to top it all off I was browsing for a summer hat, and ended up with this instead.

Gotta love auctions posted in the wrong section which helps keep the bidding down.

Ande1964

Practically Family

I would have driven that 100 higher had I not just bought my OR. Couldn't justify that much budget-busting. I was also a little worried about size and seller, but it'll probably work out fine for the buyer.

And, I hate the "Would you consider changing to a Buy It Now?" tactic. Bush league on both sides of the equation.

Anj

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
ScottF said:
Thanks Salty, Tom. The goal is to take about a 3-4 week break from the internet and get caught up on other things, thus all the recent selling.

What a pleasure to finally be able to wear a Montecristi today :)

I posted headshots of my two wins in the New Hats thread.

AlanD

Familiar Face
My $50.00 Squatter

Squatter002.jpg
[/IMG]
Got this the other day off the bay, for the price, I thought I'd try it. I think I like it, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24