Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Everyday Women of the Golden Era

analiebe

A-List Customer
inspired by inky i did some hunting & came across this fantastic image

mugshotmayrussell1922.jpg

from a great collection of mugshots taken in sydney between 1912 & 1930

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Family females from 'the era..'

BT's - Feel free to delete if my contribution isn't appropriate for PR. But I had a couple of photos of female family members in a shoe box that I wanted to share. The lady portrait, is my grandmother, Essie, in the 1920's. The photo of the two girls (show my mother with 'the hair' on the left) is from my Uncle Joe and Auntie Erith's wartime wedding in England. Enjoy...:)

FAMILY002.jpg

FAMILY003.jpg

FAMILY004.jpg

biikes007.jpg

Christy

One of the Regulars
My Grammy

This is my Grammy on her wedding day. This is one of my most favorite pictures. I think she looks beautiful! It's a little blurry because I took a picture of the original with my digital camera and it didn't come out great, but I wanted to share.
Grammy.jpg

Christy

One of the Regulars
I think they were married in 1945, or a year or so after. Their oldest child was born either in 1951 or '52, but I'm not sure how long they were married before they had kids. My Grammy was a sergeant in the Women's Army Corp during the war and my Grampy was in the Navy. I have a picture of my Grampy (not on their wedding day) but I can't find the thread to post it in.

I love my Grammy's suit also, and I thought her shoes were really cute too.

ETA: She was a very classy lady. Even when she was older she always had her makeup and hair done and was dressed nicely and polished with nice accessories. I definitely miss her.

analiebe

A-List Customer
Inky said:
analiebe - she's wonderful!! I couldn't get your link to work but found it here:

http://swipelife.com/2009/07/28/sydney-police-mug-shots-from-1912-1930/

there are some great shots there! i love the full body poses. i'm completely obsessed with mug shots now.

you & i both inky... i've been researching like mad & found all sorts of amazing & rather haunting images... and even some of the stories behind them... as of next week i'll be featuring a mugshot monday post on my blog now... so keep an eye out

Blondie

Practically Family
analiebe said:
you & i both inky... i've been researching like mad & found all sorts of amazing & rather haunting images... and even some of the stories behind them... as of next week i'll be featuring a mugshot monday post on my blog now... so keep an eye out
Annaliebe ~ i found some cool pics too, will PM you .....

Inky

One Too Many
analiebe said:

brilliant idea! mugshot monday!!

Antje

One Too Many
PADDY said:
BT's - Feel free to delete if my contribution isn't appropriate for PR. But I had a couple of photos of female family members in a shoe box that I wanted to share. The lady portrait, is my grandmother, Essie, in the 1920's. The photo of the two girls (show my mother with 'the hair' on the left) is from my Uncle Joe and Auntie Erith's wartime wedding in England. Enjoy...:)

FAMILY002.jpg

FAMILY003.jpg

FAMILY004.jpg

biikes007.jpg

What a lovely pictures, you grandma looks wow
also does your mom

analiebe

A-List Customer
Inky said:
brilliant idea! mugshot monday!!

hey inky... just wanted to let you know that my first monday mug shot post on my blog is up... thought you'd be interested in checking it out... after all its all your inspiration/ fault i'm now COMPLETELY OBSESSED!!!! :)

analiebe

A-List Customer
zombi said:
dude SHUT UP. her hair looks like a sweet, marvelous vintage faux hawk. whoever she is, i am in love with her.

i know.. isn't she just marvelous! ... she & other wonderful characters will be gracing my blog every (mug shot) monday so drop by & take a look

& c-dot - i'm glad you (& hopefully others) love the idea... i've found so many remarkable photographs of fascinating characters i'm so excited to be able to share them!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
A couple of shots taken by a Nabisco route salesman in 1923, documenting product displays in local grocery stores -- and also documenting the storekeepers themselves. (Ebay finds.) Large, but worth it for the detail.

crackers1.jpg

Knoxville, Tenn.

crackers2.jpg

"Mr. and Mrs. Lee." Note Mrs. Lee's embroidered apron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner