Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Family heirloom vintage clothes

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Hello All-

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyway. I wanted to share some of my family heirloom (ie "hand-me-down") vintage clothes I got from my father. I have worn each one of these and they are in great shape and VERY unique and cool

First is a wonderful early 1960's black & white snowflake pattern button-front "ski" sweater. It is made by Jantzen and marked "made in norway". It is a nice dress-up sweater.

The second is another early 1960's Arrow "Ski Lodge" sweater. It is made of Orlon and is a neat sweater

Lastly is a British Military-style wool "convoy" coat with wood buttons. I love this coat and wear it all the time in the winter. it is starting to fray around the sleeves and the color is fading as well.

Hope you like

PistolPete1969
PistolPete1969
http://s543.photobucket.com/albums/gg449/PistolPete1969/?action=view&current=037.jpg[/IMG]

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Fun thread!

My grandmother was quite a clothes horse and saved everything she and her mother wore...and then gave it all to a local theater company when I was about 5 (too young to protest!). Breaks my heart everytime I think of it.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
Broken Hearted

You mentioned broken hearted when giving away vintage stuff; here's one for you.

My great-uncle was a fighter pilot instructor during WWI. I remember as a kid visiting him and seeing his COMPLETE WWI uniform hanging up in the basement; campaign hat, uniform blouse, puttees, etc. When he died and my grandparents inherited his house and were inventorying/cleaning it out I specifically asked for his uniform. I was informed it was not in the house; he apparently threw it out or gave it to Goodwill.

Makes ya cry

Pete

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes