Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

favorite cars of the golden era

Micawber

A-List Customer
VivianRegan said:
Harold's custom hearse (hubba, hubba!) Extra points if you know what this used to be...
haroldsjag.jpg

E-Type (XKE) Jaguar?

I was fond of my Silver Shadow

MyRR.jpg

Jay

Practically Family
I still want a Porsche Spyder replica. And I still can't afford one...
21859t.jpg

Weird... This is my 550th post...

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
This is a tough one. I'd say a '65 Corvette Stingray with the split window. My second choice would be a '67 Camaro.

And, for some strange reason, I've always had a fixation with the highly customized 1949 Mercury in that cheesy Stallone movie, "Cobra."

Steve

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
VivianRegan said:
Here we go...
Harold's custom hearse (hubba, hubba!) Extra points if you know what this used to be...
haroldsjag.jpg

Looks like a series three XK-E, which would make it very late sixties to early seventies - no later than '74. And a coupe, at that. Not a 2+2. Harold likes short wheelbase hearses. Must haul the extra-tragic small cargo (or the victims of bad or beginner magicians. :D)

Lee

"They say the grass is always greener over a corpse, but I wasn't dying to find out if it was true." - Kinky Friedman

PastimeSteve said:
This is a tough one. I'd say a '65 Corvette Stingray with the split window. My second choice would be a '67 Camaro.

And, for some strange reason, I've always had a fixation with the highly customized 1949 Mercury in that cheesy Stallone movie, "Cobra."

Steve

Hi Steve
Might want to go with a '63 Corvette Coup. Only year for the split window.;)
HD
I had a '65...92..and '93 Vette. I think the 1982 may be my fav.
My younger brother had a '67 Camaro SS 396..barely street legal!

VivianRegan

One of the Regulars
Why go with John Z.'s comparatively-mediocre standard model said:
http://www.engadget.com/media/2006/05/delorean.jpg[/img]
Sorry, plutonium and "OUTATIME" vanity plates not included. lol

I find the history of the car more interesting than its subsequent appreciation as movie prop. Don't get me wrong... BTTF is a bitchin' flick, and flux capacitors are the bomb, but an untouched DeLorean, well! He was the Tucker of the '80s, only with more cocaine.

MrNewportCustom said:
Looks like a series three XK-E, which would make it very late sixties to early seventies - no later than '74. And a coupe, at that. Not a 2+2. Harold likes short wheelbase hearses. Must haul the extra-tragic small cargo (or the victims of bad or beginner magicians. :D)

In the film Harold and Maude (1971), Harold's mom gets quite fed up with the ugly thing parked in her driveway, so she buys him a brand new silver Jag. It's so great... the very next scene, you see Harold lower his welder's helmet and light a torch. Voila! Jag Hearse!

This is what Harold's mom had carted off because she though it was hideous (add it to my dream car list...)

harolds59.jpg

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
HoosierDaddy said:
Hi Steve
Might want to go with a '63 Corvette Coup. Only year for the split window.;)
HD
I had a '65...92..and '93 Vette. I think the 1982 may be my fav.
My younger brother had a '67 Camaro SS 396..barely street legal!

Oops! Thanks HoosierDaddy -- that's right. :confused:

I'm assuming your brother doesn't still have the Camaro?

Steve

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
I'm not really an expert on this topic, but to my eye the cars built in the 20s and 30s were absolute works of art!!! Like this 1930 Bugatti for example ... :)

bug.jpg

K

kpreed

With so many great cars, it is hard to pick one, but my favorite AMERICAN auto would be a L-29 Cord like this:
dsc01137.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner