Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Harper

New in Town
Actually, I ordered mine a week ago, and then got so antsy over my size (it isn't as though we will be able to exchange these if we get it wrong)that I ordered another in the next size down yesterday afternoon.

Duper

Practically Family
Wow, now that is really pitching in Harper. I will make sure your name goes in the draw for each hat purchased. If you want, contact Sam at EA via email and maybe he could help with your sizing questions. Also the FAQ might help. Have you measured yourself to get a starting point?

The countdown is really on now. We have until end of day Monday to get the orders in to Everythingaustralian. I am sure you folks as well as everyone else own the Lounge is getting tired of me flogging this product.

,,,Mike

Harper

New in Town
Hey Duper,

Yes, I have measured both my head and my various hats multiple times. I went to the local western wear store to try on their hats. I read EA's FAQ, and I read all the Akubra sizing threads I could find here at the Lounge. I still just got more and more antsy about it. I finally decided that I would rather have an extra hat that I could put on the Lounge's for-sale page if I had to than be unhappy about having a beautiful hat that I just couldn't get to fit right. <shrug> This way, we are also one hat closer to getting the order. Win-win as far as I could see.

Lee

Walt

One of the Regulars
FYI, I ordered mine several days ago so I think we are probably past the magic number..... I decided to stay with my normal size as the next size up means padding and I'd rather not. I sure wish front-to-back and side-to-side measurements along with circumference was provided for factory hats.....

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I have been re-reading this thread and see that I need to complete the transaction on the vendors website. Done - ordered and paid via paypal.

Thanks to Duper and the vendor for their considerable efforts in working this special order!

This will be my first Akubra hat. I look forward to seeing first hand what all the buzz is about Akubra fedoras.

Best, Eric

Duper

Practically Family
Well thanks very much to one and all. Just had an email from Sam and we have passed the 25 to make the order a go. Looking at the last few entries I think we are actually closer to 30.

Now we have for some, American Thanksgiving, then Christmas and New Years and other late year annual festivals, feasts and celebrations to fill our days and weeks with distraction.

I will try and keep a low profile for a few days, but will come back with a total number of orders and then shortly after that I will announce the one happy winner.

Good luck!

Still 2 more days to sign up.

,,,Mike

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
Might be worth it to double check the people who made the order against the list of interested parties. And send a PM to those who have not yet placed an order - just in case some of them thought that it was enough to express their interest in this thread and have not read the thread thereafter to find out that they needed to place the order as well.

A group e-mail to the original 25 should not go wrong either, if double-checking is too difficult. I'm sure those who did place their order won't mind one extra e-mail in their box.

RBH

Bartender
I have been re-reading this thread and see that I need to complete the transaction on the vendors website. Done - ordered and paid via paypal.

Thanks to Duper and the vendor for their considerable efforts in working this special order!

This will be my first Akubra hat. I look forward to seeing first hand what all the buzz is about Akubra fedoras.

Best, Eric

I believe you will be happy with it Eric.

Duper

Practically Family
LAST CALL!

Sam will be removing the option for the bluegrass green CD with the 2 5/8s brim from his site very shortly. I expect it will be gone before this time tomorrow.

Duper

Practically Family
Here is the EA list as of late last evening (Monday AM is when I received it). Please have a look and make sure you are listed and have the expected size. No need to respond if everything looks good. Harper is there twice as expected.

Duper 58
RBH size 60
TPD166 size 59
Harper size 59
GT Dean48 size 61
Thunderball size 62
Curly size 63
Grizzly Adams size 58
J.B size 59
53Effie size 58
Landman size 59
Terry "The Hat" size 61