Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fedora Lounge Edition {Everything Australian } Akubra Camp Draft 2 5/8s brim

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Short Balding Guy might be another recent-entry name I didn't see right off hand...?!

Thanks J.B.! Perhaps it was not listed in tribute to the small size I ordered.:eusa_doh::eusa_clap

I did get an email confirmation of payment from Paypal. I hope my name shows up. Give a yell if I need to do anything else.

I have been somewhat ambivalent about an Akubra hat. After reading this thread over the past weeks, I have become a fan. This past winter and spring I have seen how classy and traditional the other Campdrafts worn by Loungers on the What Hat Are You wearing thread look. I admit to having been influenced. Particularly I have paid attention to the CD's worn in the inclement weather with small or no negative influences. They have appeared to be an excellent fedora for a person wearing them frequently. I like that characteristic. ......all this said, thanks to those who have posted and note that your pics have influenced me. The Bluegrass color is particularily striking. I have lots of brown, grey and silverbelly hats. Blue and attractive green are not as common. Bluegrass appears to be just so darn versatile. SWEET! In writing this post, I find that I am reinforcing my decision to purchase. No buyers remorse for me!

Never have I seen in person someone wearing an Akubra.
I will now, with this order, break that streak in my neighborhood or haunts.

Best, Eric -
Eric -

Last edited:

Duper

Practically Family
OK, the sales for this hat have closed. The alternate brim choice is no longer on the EA site.
32 members signed up.

I hope any new Akubra owners investigated sizing to suit their needs from the EA site.

This is the final list. Please verify your name is on the list and the size is as required. If you are not on the list your hat will not be ordered and you are not in the draw. If everything looks good then no need to respond.

Duper 58
RBH size 60
TPD166 size 59
Harper size 59
GT Dean48 size 61
Thunderball size 62
Curly size 63
Grizzly Adams size 58
J.B size 59
53Effie size 58
Landman size 59
Terry "The Hat" size 61
MCrider size 59
MFlemming size 57
Oldemettle size 59
Sandyg size 62
Interbak size 56
Sam Lark size 58
Shaka size 60
Desert Dan size 59
Tealseal size 59
Neophyte size 60
Walt size 59
Harper size 58
Maricopa Kid size 56
Elveston size 60
BG size 55 assuming this is Eric (Short Balding Guy) from his prior email. Eric - Sam is awaiting an email confirmation from you as he did get a few orders from the general public.
Caul size 58.
Ottawa_adam size 57
Handymike size 60
Aught12 size 60
Gimebakmybulits size 61

The draw will happen over the next few days.

Good luck!

,,,Mike

Last edited:

Terry "The Hat"

Practically Family
Thank You for all your hard work Mike. I know that it is greatly appreciated! Now I just have to wait until January for the beautiful hat to arrive. At least I have three months to figure out how to explain it to my wife :(

Walt

One of the Regulars
Thank You for all your hard work Mike. I know that it is greatly appreciated! Now I just have to wait until January for the beautiful hat to arrive. At least I have three months to figure out how to explain it to my wife :(

I assume this package will be handled by USPS once it gets over here, but just as an FYI I've been able to get UPS and Fed Ex packages held at the local office for pickup when I didn't want something left at my door even when it was addressed to my house. Just walk in with tracking number and ask it to be held. I think you may even be able to do that from their websites now.

In any case an option if you don't want someone else at home to see it! Of course that doesn't solve the "where do I hide it at home problem" or answer the "when did you get that?"...." ;)

RBH

Bartender

Tip-Hat.gif

I think I need to expand on this...
Thanks so much Mike for all the time you took to ensure we could get such a fine hat, you went above and beyond what most of us do.

And another great big thank you To Sam Menche at Everything Australian , who time and again has helped to give us fedora fans here on the Lounge and around the world what we are looking for.
Thank you again Sam for being a gentleman and friend to all of us here!!!!

Walt

One of the Regulars
What if someone else had ordered one of these that wasn't on the Fedora Lounge...A bunch of those would have been cool!

Walt

One of the Regulars
Its looking like he did get a few.

Great! Maybe we'll start a new trend or at least if more people know such a thing is possible it will be easier to get this done with other models/colors as well.

Duper

Practically Family
Gentleman we have a winner. The name was drawn earlier today from the list of eligible FL members. The accounting team is busily verifying the results.

Now where is that drum roll icon? I know it is around here someplace.

Stay tuned!

Just woke up & checked my email to find a refund from EA for my Fedora Lounge BG 2 5/8" brimmed Campdraft at 2:00am this morning.
Thanks again to Mike for this initiative & to Sam at EA for "sponsoring" the free hat drawing.
Never won a free hat before! Luck of the draw....going to buy a lottery ticket later today to see if I'm on a streak....
SWEET!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner