Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen, show us what you've made!

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Can't wait to see it. That's a lovely fabric. Do you find these on Ebay or do you have a local source?

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Wow, you are lucky then. There's a shop in Berlin selling exclusively vintage fabrcis from the 1920s to late 1960s. No flannels left, though. And a meter of worsted suiting starts at 150.00 Euro. I found some nice vintage fabrics on Ebay, but never enough for a three piece. It's either trousers and waistcoat, 2P suit or jacket and waistcoat. :( Well, and I need to find a tailor and make some money first. Haha.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
_1010371.jpg

_1010373.jpg

_1010377.jpg

_1010372.jpg

_1010376.jpg

_1010374.jpg

_1010381.jpg

vintage 18 oz tweed, probably 1930s. vintage buttons, sleeve lining and cinch buckle. vintage French waistband tape. beetled chambray linen on cinch strap and pocket flaps.

(jacket buttons supplied by Baron Kurtz).

Last edited:

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
You knocks me out, hbk! I haven't seen anything modern/repro that is remotely comparable to what you do. Please, hook up with a cutter and do this professionally!!!

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
thanks chaps.

Rudie, as for making clothes for others; i honestly don't think it's going to happen. aside from not having any experience at all in cutting for someone a different size and shape to me, i don't think i'd enjoy the pressure of having to please a paying customer.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
i honestly don't think it's going to happen. aside from not having any experience at all in cutting for someone a different size and shape to me, i don't think i'd enjoy the pressure of having to please a paying customer.

And what a pity that is! I wish you would train some tailors to your standards so they get that vintage style right and then become the best designer for vintage menswear that is. Dreams ... ;)

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
thanks chaps.

Rudie, as for making clothes for others; i honestly don't think it's going to happen. aside from not having any experience at all in cutting for someone a different size and shape to me, i don't think i'd enjoy the pressure of having to please a paying customer.

Pressure and very time consuming.

Looks great, bonsey. An interesting combination of 3 different belt loop styles, along with a back belt.

Textile King was awesome; one of my absolute favourites, always had good stuff in. I only realised it was gone when I walked past on Monday on my ultimately forlorn hunt for linings. Admittedly I hadn't been down that bit of Berwick Street for a while.

bk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner