Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gentlemen what is the ideal lady for you?

PrettySquareGal

I'll Lock Up
I've never connected high maintenance with dry clean only taste.

I'm very high maintenance; definitely not an easy care kind of gal. But I do a good job of maintaining myself. :)

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Spiffy said:
Oh, I forgot.
In addition to being willing to argue with me, he needs to be geeky.
Really geeky.
Willing to discuss things like (for example) shifting timelines in Terminator universe geeky.

Pfft. You call that geeky? Like conversations about the causal inconsistencies in time-travel fiction isn't the norm. :rolleyes: :p

Actually, forget your ideal guy/girl being geeky in that sense. I wish more of my friends had that much depth of thought.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
I toned the geeky down for the forum. Today I spent 20 minutes arguing with my film professor about the morality of the fighting robot-monster hybrids in Neon Genesis: Evangelion. The rest of the class looked on in horror.

Top that.

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Spiffy said:
I toned the geeky down for the forum. Today I spent 20 minutes arguing with my film professor about the morality of the fighting robot-monster hybrids in Neon Genesis: Evangelion. The rest of the class looked on in horror.

Top that.

Ahh, forgive my presumptuousness. You are indeed hopeless, mademoiselle. :rolleyes:

I tip my hat :eusa_clap

carter

I'll Lock Up
A woman who isn't easily offended.
A woman who places others before herself.
A woman who would rather teach than correct.
A woman possessed of a calm and gentle tone.
A woman who makes others glad to be in her presence.
A woman who gives of herself and accepts giving in return.
A woman who embraces great concepts and fine detail.
A woman filled with grace and capable of great joy.
A woman who can persist through sadness and grief.
A woman with nobility of spirit.
A woman whose actions speak louder than her words.
A woman who delights in being a woman.
A woman who delights in a man being a man.
A woman who is secure in her knowledge of who she is.
A woman who is capable of great passion.
A woman who can embrace quietness and contemplation.
A woman who can be brought to tears by things of exquisite beauty.
A woman who is a defender of the defenseless and the young.
A woman to walk by your side.
A woman who is worthy of being called "adorable".
A woman such as I have never known.

See that, Miss Spiffy, and raise with having a prof implant the mind of a fictional character so far into my own that I've adopted the profile of that character and even use his name as an alias at times.

Or arguing with a prof over psychological profiles and pathology of various fictional characters.

Like throws out random quotes from computer-game units and characters geeky.
"Got a present for ya... something to remember me by!"--Col. Burton, Command & Conquer: Generals
"I lost a bomb, do you have it?"--Crazy Ivan, C&C: Red Alert 2
"You called down the thunder... now reap the whirlwind!" and
"I'm about to overload my aggression inhibitors..."--Ghost, StarCraft

----------------
Now playing: Basil Poledouris - Kaboom!!!
via FoxyTunes

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Spiffy said:

Top that.

You go, girl! That's awesome.

I think geeks are great because they are so thankful. lol :D Just kidding... a little.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Diamondback said:
BTW, Marc, while you're here, sorry about all this but somebody had to start the geekiness-contest, and I take second-place to nobody on that one--"matched", yes, but never "beaten"...

Mr. Back, I'm happy to recognize you as the unbeaten champion of geekdom, with all due honors and decorations. :)

I was talking about several geek ladies from my sordid past. ;)

Marc, meant on this whole "geekout contest" that Spiffy, several others and I have been involved in cluttering up an otherwise very educational thread. (This shows you why I seldom get into contests, as that way it's easier to control my ruthless, anticompetitive and rapidly-escalating "win at ALL cost" nature.)

Carter, well said!

Miss Laura, 'high maintenance' can mean a lot of things, speaking as a guy who's a textbook illustration of one form of it--anything from insanely expensive to just needing a lot of TLC. Appreciating what one considers "the finer things in life" does not necessarily "high maintenance" make...;) (Or at least I hope so, lest my $4000 laptops, $1500 rifles, $1000 pistols and $500 model locomotives move me from "high" into "unbearable"...:( )

----------------
Now playing: John Williams - The Miracle Of The Ark
via FoxyTunes

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Geekery blush and fem feathers ruffled.

I just read the whole "geekery" convo from the beginning. Whoops. My bad.

Anyway, re: high maintenance. A real lady may be high maintenance in private, but she does not allow her personal preferences to inconvenience others. This is also known as my dad's "You buy it, you carry it" rule. "High maintenance" activities such as dying my hair crazy colors, always wearing heels, putting on makeup in moving vehicles, etc do not make me any less exciting, interesting, or able to succeed in whatever endeavor I choose to tackle that day.
Lipstick is war-paint!:rage:

On a bus isn't as much of an issue--but while driving is a bit of a safety hazard...

Not totally "your bad"--I shoulda remembered I had that flaw and "walked away" rather than escalating, although that's as much the entire "geek group" as the two of us.

If you're willing to call this one a draw, I suppose there are worse outcomes than "King and Queen of FL Geekdom"...;)

Macheath

One of the Regulars
Spiffy said:
Lipstick is war-paint!:rage:

Quite right. After donning my fatigues, I always reach for a stick of cherry red #126. :p

Lipstick is vile stuff, and I will never understand how women put up with it. I guess I'm odd in that I find paleness attractive.

But, as long as were listing qualifications (demands?:rolleyes:), here are mine:

-Witty
-Well-mannered
-Opinionated
-Likes Jazz
-Likes lounging around

optional:
-can scat
-knows squat about cooking

vintage-schlitz-beer-ad.jpg

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Spiffy said:
putting on makeup in moving vehicles
Not a good idea posting this when people learning to drive are reading this. :eek:

As for this thread, I'd summarise by saying someone who can appreciate me and I can appreciate, and who shares my interests. Not much but I'd like to meet such a woman, as it's not happened so far.

I've always liked women like my last girlfriend. Her dad's a hot-rodder, and she did interior, tune-ups, oil changes, and just about any other automotive task you could throw at her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav