Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Goodwear Star A-2

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I'm at the Portland antique show and just found a Goodwear Star A-2 for a fraction of what they new. Fit is perfect and it's in great shape. Woo hoo! I'll post pics later.

Fedoralover

53Effie

A-List Customer
Lucky guy. Look forward to seeing it. Seems like you made a killer deal on a nice Langlitz awhile back too. That would never happen to me. I was born under a bad sign I think.

Brettafett

One Too Many
What a find! I am particularly interested cause I have a GW on order and have narrowed it down to a Star or Monarch. Looking forward to pics and details...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
You're luckier than a dog with two dongers!

Go off and buy a lottery ticket as well ;)

Look forward to some pics of it.

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
So I always go to the Portland antique show and you never know what you'll find. I see some A-2s and some G-1s and look them over. I see this one and it looks really good. I ask the vendor if it's a reproduction and he says yes, I bought it from a guy who says he got it from a guy in Seattle. I think to myself "no it can't be" But then I see the label and the other details that only John gets right. I offer the guy $200. and he says sure. I confirm it's Johns by looking it up on his website, and yup no doubt about it. I love this color. I always wanted a seal brown. This one is worn just enough to really bring the grain out in the horsehide. What really surprised me is it fit perfectly. I'm thinking this is the best show ever. Then to add to it I find a nice vintage Malllory fedora for $10.00 and a NOS vintage tie. Best show I've been to. Here's a couple quick pics.

fedoralover

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
No pics of me in it yet but the fit couldn't have been better if I had custom ordered it. I was told by another member that this is Johns Shinki horsehide and I have to say it is fantastic. I have a horsehide jacket from the 50s and this Shinki horsehide feels, looks and has the weight and graining that is identical to it. If I close my eyes and feel each leather I can't distinguish between them. If anyone is considering getting this leather they won't be disappointed. I love the Star Sportwear look and fit. The scalloped pockets are a little sharper than the Monarch to my eye anyway and are my favorite out of all Johns jackets.

This is definitely the find of the year for me. Last year I found that Langlitz at Goodwill and I thought that was a deal. This even tops that.
Thanks for all the comments.

fedoralover

Tadite

Familiar Face
That's just insane. For my own education does Goodwear but any hidden tags anywhere? I didn't think so but boys it's a hard think to spot one amazing A-2 out of the horde!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo