Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gustin L2 Jacket

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Something about the D pocket looks off to me. Too much space between the D and the chest zip? I dunno...it's like a lower case d pocket

I hadn't notice that before, but I agree. I still like the way it looks. Much nicer than the previous Gustin jacket. The Natural CXL looks great in that type of jacket. Their was a Schott X Context collaboration in Natural CXL that looked nice IMO.

I hadn't notice that before, but I agree. I still like the way it looks. Much nicer than the previous Gustin jacket. The Natural CXL looks great in that type of jacket. Their was a Schott X Context collaboration in Natural CXL that looked nice IMO.
Yeah that Schott x Context was awesome! I loved that jacket and came super close to pulling the trigger on the second go 'round of that jackets release. Something about the Gustin tho doesn't hit the mark for me...Agree too that's it's a nicer offering than the previous Horween leather jacket they released.

Something about the D pocket looks off to me. Too much space between the D and the chest zip? I dunno...it's like a lower case d pocket

Yeah, the whole thing looks just too stretched, the jacket is too long and the D-pocket is too small. . . The zip on the D-pocket is usually much longer. I don't see why venture into this sort of thing and compete against the makers that have reached a perfection.

Yeah, the whole thing looks just too stretched, the jacket is too long and the D-pocket is too small. . . The zip on the D-pocket is usually much longer. I don't see why venture into this sort of thing and compete against the makers that have reached a perfection.
Yeah it's an uphill battle for sure...

willyto

One Too Many
I don't understand why they keep trying to change designs that don't need any improvement.

It looks too generic, nothing about it says great design, it looks too dull to me.

They have their market I guess, people who want to be fashion forward and don't want any of the classics.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Another nail in the coffin of a once-fine little brand. I suspect the body is too long because Gustin's jeans are quite low rise, so they're setting the length to suit them. But whoever designed this has not given thought to the proportions, so you've got a long tube of leather with a bunch of pockets and zips chucked at it. Also, horrible leather - they seem to think slightly plastic-looking Horween is the hallmark of quality. They're wrong.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Being a half-glass-full guy, I must say on the bright side that Gustin straight fit Zimbabwe and Okayama jeans work well for me. ;) Not too sure though about much of their other stuff ... :rolleyes:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Yep, they're jeans are still decent value for money. That said, I think I'm done with them. Ever since they abandoned the community pages, Gustin have become increasingly questionable in their choices. I still remember them trying to come up with a good quality sweatshirt, and they came up with something that wouldn't look out of place in Gap or M&S.

Last edited:
If they really went for it...two way main zip, belt loops, zips on outer sleeve cuff and delete the epaulettes I'dve been singing their praises...but then you'd also have sometging closer to a Vanson Derby jacket
image.jpeg

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
Another nail in the coffin of a once-fine little brand. I suspect the body is too long because Gustin's jeans are quite low rise, so they're setting the length to suit them. But whoever designed this has not given thought to the proportions, so you've got a long tube of leather with a bunch of pockets and zips chucked at it. Also, horrible leather - they seem to think slightly plastic-looking Horween is the hallmark of quality. They're wrong.

I like the length of the jacket quite a bit. As far as Horween goes, don't all makers who use Horween consider it a quality leather? It's certainly a quality leather in my mind.

I like the length of the jacket quite a bit. As far as Horween goes, don't all makers who use Horween consider it a quality leather? It's certainly a quality leather in my mind.
Mine too. I love CXL. I think what hurts this jacket is that it's dancing around a very established pattern without going balls to the wall to make it interestingly different. They could've done much more with it but played it way too safe.

That's exactly it. It's like some halfassed take on Buco, without really being anything at all. It is beyond playing it safe. There are plenty of other fine jackets to reproduce or take inspiration from that haven't been done to death and back. Like the Cycle Champ!

IMG_1175.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner