Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

H A T D O O D L E S !!!!!!!!!

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Thanks gentlemen.. I'm having fun doing this.. It's been a while since I 'painted' anything except for my doorposts... I love it, I should try some more and make up stories behind the portraits to make it more 'narrative'. The suggestion that these pics could be out of a graphic novel really inspire me to venture into that. :D

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absolutely......

djgo-cat-go said:
Schobel005.jpg

I post, hopefully, with his kind permission..
I really dig it a lot.....thanks man. :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
I think Gene will appreciate this one.

I think he did a fantastic job, but the artist in me seems to think that his right eye looks to be a bit off. Almost looks a bit crossed to me. [huh]

Absolutely correct, Bolt. A shame about that too as otherwise it was a nice piece of drafting and rendering. Sometimes, even when photo reference looks a certain way, an artist must have the sense to adjust it so you don't wind up with such a cockeyed Indy.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
bolthead said:
I think Gene will appreciate this one.

I think he did a fantastic job, but the artist in me seems to think that his right eye looks to be a bit off. Almost looks a bit crossed to me. [huh]

I think it's actually the left eye that's off. When he repainted the right one halfway through the clip, it suddenly started to look just right and I ended up waiting for him to correct the left one, which he never did. Together they look definitely crossed. Other than that it's an amazing piece of work. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana