Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hair Breaking?

Cinnamon

New in Town
desi_de_lu_lu said:
With the conditioner only washes, it is necessary to use the conditioner like the same way you would shampoo, to actually massage the scalp etc. Also, depending on the conditioner, you may have buildup. So a diluted form of shampoo is necessary occasionally or you can do an apple cider vinegar rinse to the scalp. (diluted water and vinegar).

I just buy shampoo without the harsh detergents. (sodium laureth sulfate, or ammonium laureth sulfate) I shampoo about once every other week with a diluted form of this, and only to my scalp.

Walmart has shampoos now without any SLS's. (sodium laureth sulfate, or ammonium laureth sulfate)

Oh thanks for replying to my post.

After looking at the ingredients listing on my conditoners someof them are full of cones, yikes. :eek: Hmmm.. I will try the ACV rinse tonight along with the conditioner only washes.

Thanks again for all your help, you're so sweet. :)

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
Cinnamon said:
Oh thanks for replying to my post.

After looking at the ingredients listing on my conditoners someof them are full of cones, yikes. :eek: Hmmm.. I will try the ACV rinse tonight along with the conditioner only washes.

Thanks again for all your help, you're so sweet. :)

THe ACV rinse will smell well...vinegary until your hair dries. I combat this by making sure my rinse is well diluted with water.

Good luck!

CassD

One of the Regulars
Cinnamon said:
I second the conditioner washing. I remember when I stopped using shampoo, my hair had never felt better. It was stronger and even more boucier. But however my scalp began to itch while doing the conditioner washings so I had to switch back to shampoo.[huh] Does anyone know how to combat this?

I've just discovered a line called Lush. Their products are a bit different than traditional hair and skin care products because they try to use all natural ingredients. It's available in most countries. The website is www.lush.com. It's a bit pricy, but well worth it. I have really thick, wavy, dry hair and so far everything that I've tried has worked wonderfully. I like it a lot better than traditional hair care products. Each product does something slightly different, so there's something for everyone. Just be careful if you have really bad allergies.

~Cassie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters