Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Hair flashes' from 1955 - just shows you nothing is new!

swinggal

One Too Many
Check out this interesting little vintage clip about coloured 'hair flashes'. We would call them extensions these days. I had no idea that these were available back then.

00015508.jpg

[video]http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=11728[/video]

scarlett

One of the Regulars
That picture reminded me of a scene in "Touch of Mink" where Audrey Meadows has a few different colored hair clips that she tries on before going out for the night while talking to Doris Day. And I thought the same thing, wow they had those then too?
Everything old is new again.

Jezebel_Amazon

One of the Regulars
Ive got ideas... would be neat to make some of these... does anyone know where you can get them now? I'm through with processing my hair....

lframe

One of the Regulars
Remember, Auntie Mame (Rosalind Russell version) was having a hard time in one scene picking out the right hair to wear :)

TillyMilly

One of the Regulars
I have clip in streaks in each colour (red, white, blue, green, purple, pink), they are by 'Stargazer'. I have received so many compliments on them. I just wear one streak , near the front, in a co-ordinating colour with my outfit. They are clip-in so I lift up a section of hair and clip it in underneath, so it peaks though the hair. Everyone always assumes it is a dyed section as they are all cut to match my hair length- good for an occaisional fun look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner