Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Mike in Seattle said:
I'm trying to remember the old saying that's based on something similar to the above. In England, when someone was buried, there was a string running from inside the coffin, up through the soil to metal stake that had a bell on it - the idea being if someone were buried alive, they'd pull the string to ring the bell. The family would pay some village coot to sit near the grave for some period of time listening for the bell to ring. But there's an old phrase that's pretty commonly used that relates back to that, that for the life of me escapes me at the moment.

There's a face that rings a bell. :D

Brooksie

One Too Many
I am going to two Halloween costume party's one is this coming Saturday and I am going to wear my long black Asian dress and I am going to be a china doll and the next costume party is on Saturday the 28th and I am dressing up as a flapper. They also want us to dress up at the pub where I work but I am undecided as to what I will wear for this, maybe I will do an 80's theme?

Brooksie

Phil

A-List Customer
:eek:fftopic: Yeah, I know this kid who sleeps in a coffin. He's a normal kid, or...well, was normal as someone can be who sleeps in a coffin. But he's not a goth or emo or whatever you would like to tag those people as. He says that it's actually comfortable and it really keeps him warm in the winter.

Anyways, back to costumes

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
I saw something that looked cool on a costume idea website a few years ago I may try. Take a torn up old tent, rubber snake, some sort of stuffed animal, the more rabid looking the better, a few fake bugs and various other like items you make take or run into on a camping trip and attach them to various places on the body. Presto, you are a bad camping trip.

Not really vintage, however you could use some vintage adventure clothing.

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
We don't really do Halloween over here. Which is a shame as I think it's fun dressing up and pumpkin carving and all that! But the shops and supermarkets are really really pushing it this year, big stocks of pumpkins and novelty stuff and big packs of sweets. I am going out to see a band on actual Halloween which I am immensely grateful for, since the kids that populate my area are more likely to be asking for money instead of sweets, and I have neither the money, nor the inclination to give any to them!! And I don't want eggs thrown at my windows!

I'm going to a Halloween party the following Saturday, but I won't be dressing up and people are very lame at getting into the spirit here, so no one else will be!

Nashoba

One Too Many
Lauren Henline said:
I'm going to look something like this:
CC186_000.jpg

Holy Heaven Lauren. I think I know the answer to this but did you make that dress? It's stunning.

Edit: Ok duh nevermind, I replied before reading the rest of the posts. Lauren you do incredible work.

Nashoba

One Too Many
I wanted to be a USO girl and have my husband just wear his alphas but he didn't want to play :(. Now since he'll be gone, I'm not sure what I'm going to do....I could always wear his orange shirt that say this is my costume now give me the da** candy.....

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Nashoba said:
Holy Heaven Lauren. I think I know the answer to this but did you make that dress? It's stunning.

Edit: Ok duh nevermind, I replied before reading the rest of the posts. Lauren you do incredible work.

Yay! Thank you :)

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Senator Jack... A monkey cowboy? Could it get any better?!

I think I am going to go on a Zombie Walk for Halloween. I have to see what my pals are doing. I think I will go for less zombie, more spirit of a slain/suicidal saloon gal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy