Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My boyfriend and I were going to go to a party where we didn't know too many people dressed up like we normally do when we go out, that is to say, in vintage to the nines. I am sure people would have LOVED our "costumes"!!

Unfortunately I had to write a paper and he had to play a show. Oh well!

Quigley Brown

Call Me a Cab
Thinking about this.....

spatulasamurai100.jpg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm sadly not doing anything for Halloween this year. Usually, Hem and I go to a big bash given by a couple of friends who rent out the local VFW hall, but alas, no more.
If I did have plans, I would attempt being a 1930's glamour girl. I just love getting all dolled up in a beautiful gown, with hair and make-up done to the nines. I guess, in here, that's not too original. But, I really can't think of anything else.
A couple of years ago I was O-Ren I'shii from "Kill Bill Vol. I". It was such a fun costume complete with copies of her Haturi Honsu swords and a giant, albeit a bit combursom, obi. I still have the costume, and I'm hoping that some time I will get a chance to wear it again. Although, some people, for some strange reason, thought I was Princess Leia because I was in a white kimono that marginally resembled Leia's white outfit. But, Leia didn't carry two giant samurai swords, and I had my hair all done up in a big bee hive, not two braided bows. HMPH, some people!

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
For the dance last Saturday, I went as Columbo, which meant light grey suit well due for dry cleaning and pressing, unironed white shirt, narrow bland dark tie, and of course, tan raincoat and beat up cigar.

Tommarrow though I'm dressing up like my roommate, which means cordoroys, Pink Floyd shirt, plaid flannel, baseball cap. He went as me to the dance in a brown tweed jacket, teal houndstooth vest, narrow green tie, and dark brown stingy-brimmed Stetson. He wore his own pants though, because I was afraid something could happen to some of my nicer pants. Sure enough, after celebrating the Daylight Savings Time 'Fall-Back' all proper-like, he went to bed in the lot of it.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
In 2004, I wore my best swing dance outfit, a Republican button and a Democrat button. I was a swing voter.

Last year, I wore a gold gown, a veil and tennis shoes. I was a runaway bride, but nobody seemed to get it. I guess tennis shoes have become too ubiquitous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21