Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Halloween Costumes

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I wore black pants, a black & white striped short-sleeved shirt, red sash at the waist, red neckerchief, straw hat, white cane with red tip and my big Wayfarer sunglasses.

Everyone immediately got that I was a gondolier and usually got that I was blind...

It took them awhile and some hints and coaxing to finally realize....

that I was indeed...

a Venetian blind! :eusa_doh:

And we had two kids about an hour apart dressed as Indiana Jones tonight.

Elaina

One Too Many
I still went as a soccer mom: one pair of jeans, my one pair of ratty, old as dirt k-swiss, socks (! I actually have a pair) and a Houston Texans football fleece jersey with my retro White sox ball cap.

Kid went as a ninja for the 4th year running. i have all the imagination in the house. Next year, he said he wanted to be a "Gangster and you can be my moll, mommy." with a suit in green. *sigh* I'm working on him, his taste leaves something to be desired.

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
Elaina said:
I still went as a soccer mom: one pair of jeans, my one pair of ratty, old as dirt k-swiss, socks (! I actually have a pair) and a Houston Texans football fleece jersey with my retro White sox ball cap.

Did anyone recognize that you were in a costume? ;)

Jay

Practically Family
I was Hunter S. Thompson. Surprisingly, the party I was at had almost 1,500 people, and almost everyone thought my costume was great and everyone there knew who I was.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
One year, I went as the guy from the Magritte painting. I wore a black suit and overcoat, a stiff collar, a red tie, a bowler hat, and had an apple dangling in front of my face.

I knew that anyone who'd recognize it could be a potential friend. (I like art history.) Alas, no photos of my costume, but here's the painting that inspired it:

Magritte_apple.jpg

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
You went as a five year old eating cherry pie?
Mr. Powers, sir, you almost made me spit Dr. Pepper at my computer screen.
However, i wasn't drinking Dr. Pepper.

Mr. Brown, I would to speak on everyone's behalf and say we think you are very talented but you scare us sometimes.:eek:

Sincerely,
THE WOLF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass