Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats

rippy444

Familiar Face
Boy am I learning some hard lessons. I am not a hen pecked husband by any means, but the dear wife wants me to slow down on the hat purchases. Is 22 hats in 45 days too many hats? A cost of appx. $400.00. I got some great hats, I probably bid against some of you brothers on E Bay. I have also made some blunders writing posts and not saying things correctly. I am truly sorry for that. 66 years old and loving life after being hit by a car on May 9, 2009.Maybe I'll get it together some day. Thanks guys for being gentlemen. Ralph .Can you tell that I am a master plumber. If you have any plumbing questions, I will be happy to answer if I can.

:eek: :eek: :eek::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: lol lol lol

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Unfortunately, I don't really understand the phrase "too many hats," so I can't answer your question, but welcome to the Lounge!

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I agree with Spats. There is no such thing as too many hats. Can we see some pics of them, by the way? And welcome to the Lounge.

flute

Big_e

Practically Family
Must be the spanish-speaking half of ma brain kickin' in. I don't understand this, "too many hats" either.lol Welcome to the lounge.
Ernest

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
Where do you keep them?

It has got to be a challenge to find some where out-of-the-way to keep that many hats. Are they cluttering your home? Of course, I don't know what your financial resources are, $400 isn't much for that many hats, but if your wife sees you as losing your senses for buying so many hats, I could see that as an issue.

If you normally keep a neat house, 22 hats sitting around in boxes could mar that. On the other hand, if you are less than fastidious in housekeeping, you may have tipped things over the edge. The TV show about hoarders comes to mind. You need to understand the exact nature of her objection in order to deal with it. Some couples are not good at communicating frankly.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Kilo, I believe your post was something bordering "the voice of reason," and as such is to be commended. However, this is the hat section on a site called The Fedora Lounge lol

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Chinaski said:
Kilo, I believe your post was something bordering "the voice of reason," and as such is to be commended. However, this is the hat section on a site called The Fedora Lounge lol

:arated: lol

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Twenty two hats in forty five days is neither here nor there. The real question is this: can you find ample time to actually wear that many lids?

The more impressive feat is that you managed to get that many hats for a measly four-hundred dollars. Sheesh... great job!

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Dewhurst said:
Twenty two hats in forty five days is neither here nor there. The real question is this: can you find ample time to actually wear that many lids?

The more impressive feat is that you managed to get that many hats for a measly four-hundred dollars. Sheesh... great job!

I echo that. Care to share your secrets? :D

jporgeck

Familiar Face
It's all relative

rippy444 said:
Boy am I learning some hard lessons. I am not a hen pecked husband by any means, but the dear wife wants me to slow down on the hat purchases. Is 22 hats in 45 days too many hats? A cost of appx. $400.00. I got some great hats, I probably bid against some of you brothers on E Bay. I have also made some blunders writing posts and not saying things correctly. I am truly sorry for that. 66 years old and loving life after being hit by a car on May 9, 2009.Maybe I'll get it together some day. Thanks guys for being gentlemen. Ralph .Can you tell that I am a master plumber. If you have any plumbing questions, I will be happy to answer if I can.

:eek: :eek: :eek::cool2: :cool2: :cool2: lol lol lol

Too many hats; not enough hats; it's really all relative - to your spouse, that is. Hats to me are like guitars - can you really have too many? I don't know yet.

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
Psycology

Try using a little psycology on your wife. This works for me. When my wife mentions "how many more hats do you need?" I sell two or three of my least favorite hats, which seems to soothe her down, then strategically purchase an equal amount of hats but of a higher quality and price. She will think you buy and sell hats for a hobby, and if you keep your resource money hidden, like through PayPal, she will never know how much of a debt you have incrued.lol The bottom line is, never let her know how much you actually gave for a hat, but harp about the one you sold and made $20 profit on.

Bill Greene

One of the Regulars
jporgeck said:
Hats to me are like guitars - can you really have too many? I don't know yet.

Allow me to help you with this one: After decades of intense study, research and experience, I can categorically say you CAN NEVER have too many guitars.

Let us say you filled your house up from floor to ceiling, in each room, including the bathrooms, with guitars, guitar cases and guitar related paraphenalia...and because of such you had to, literally, sleep outside, in the yard, in the cold and rain, etc., rather than inside where it is warm. At that point, you would need to spend the majority of your time inventing waterproof and temperature controlled guitar cases, or perhaps rent additional storage space for new guitar purchases.

Glad I could help.:)

rippy444

Familiar Face
I agree. Their is no such thing as having too many hats. I will just slow the pace and get the ones I know I want. I bought some bummers(no hat is really a bummer) but I still like them. Some are so old and brittle that I will not wear but they look good on the shelf.
As the wife asked " Don't you think you have enough hats?" My reply was "Can one ever have enough hats." She just smiled and walked away. RIP :) :eusa_clap :) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy