Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help ordering longer jacket

minisoda

Familiar Face
I absolutely love my Alexander Roadster, but there are times it's just too tight/short. It looks clean but I want to add a more comfortable jacket for daily wear. I'm thinking about a Wested Raiders jacket... Not sure what hide yet.

Anyway the back length on my Roadster is 24.5" from top seam to bottom. It just barely covers my belt. I'm not sure if the standard Wested length of 26" (size 40 and 42) will buy me enough length or if I should order a little longer.

Is the quality of Wested leather anywhere near Alexander/Aero? The smell and feel of the Roadster is just wonderful.

I'm 5'9 and around 175lb.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dr.Seuss

One of the Regulars
I have a Wested Raiders horseshide; from many years ago. I now have an FQHH Aero Maxwell and Teamster. I would not attempt to compare the two makers; I do not believe they are intended to compete in the same arena. I find my Teamster perfect for almost daily wear.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Wested leather can vary even over the course of a year as new batches come and go. Basically Peter stocks decent fashion leather. It's soft and basic leather that will wear well (unless you get fragile lamb) but isn't comparable to the more robust hides of Al. I've owned items by both. Peter's goat used to be thick (2.5oz) veg tanned which I've had and shows lots of character and fading quickly.

The machining of Wested jackets is ok but no where near as robust and carefully considered as Al.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW