Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How do you carry your hat in your truck?

birdhunter

New in Town
I like mostly down turned hats like my Banjo Patterson but I can't figure out a good way to rest it without flattening the brim? Suggestions please. Btw bought my first quality hat , my banjo 4 weeks ago and now own 4 more hats since then. I may have a problem

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Wear it!
The wire spring loaded hat carriers will leave impressions on brim and if it is a light colored hat it may leave grey lines if hat is at all dusty.
If I carry a hat not on my head I use a hat box and hat is in plastic bag.
I also use a plastic hat carrier. Western stores sell them. They have adjustable size rest for hat.

Last edited:
Curved brimmed hats need to rest on the crown. Snap brims can be snapped up & rested on the brim.
In my truck, hats mostly go on my head. I do put them on the passenger seat with the front swoop hanging over the edge of the seat.

And Welcome!

Last edited:

BR Gordon

One Too Many
Curved brimmed hats need to rest on the crown. Snap brims can be snapped up & rested on the brim.
In my truck, hats mostly go on my head. I do put them on the passenger seat with the front swoop hanging over the edge of the seat.

And Welcome!

Exactly.

birdhunter

New in Town
thanx for the interest guys. I think my problem is i sit fairly strait up so my brim is hitting the headrest. I was just hoping someone had an elegant solution so it is secure and wont go flat. If i figure out a trick ill surely let you know.

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1. Tilt you hat back on your head. It will bring the back of the brim down.
2. Curve the back of the brim down so it does not hit the back of your chair.
3. Put it on the passenger seat with the front of the brim curved over the edge. As long as you don’t spend your entire life driving it should not be an issue.
4. Put it on your dash board. My Dakota has a bump in the middle that has a natural curve front to back.
5. But it on its crown in the passenger seat or back seat.
My two cents worth.
Johnny

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Here's an elegant solution ... ;)

1b5df55b.jpg

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I also wear my hats when I'm driving. I adjust it on my head so the edge of the brim is at the horizon, keeping the sky out of my face, negating the need for sunglasses.

Joe Rotax

Familiar Face
Shot of my 2010 looking pretty clean. This is my daily driver and the headrests angle forward so they just about touch the back of my head - no way can I wear my 4" brim cattle hats in there so I put em upside down on the passenger seat or behind the driver seat on the floor upside down on a towel as the back seats are folded up all the time.

Truck_2.jpg

Grizzly Adams

A-List Customer
"Big Red" is a Ford F350. I have no problems wearing most any hat in the truck.:D However, if I don't wear it, I usually set fedoras on the seat with the front of the brim hanging over the edge, or I snap up the brim and just set them on the seat flat. Westerns are set on the crown. The important thing is not to leave hats IN the truck on a hot day!:eusa_doh:

Dan Allen

A-List Customer
I have a pad made from non slip rubber kitchen drawer liner. I cut it into five squares and stitched them together to give it weight so that it would cling to the curve of my dash. I lay my hat on it while driving and the brim follows the curve of the dash but won't slide off due to the soft rubber "beads" of the liner. You have to shop around and find the "stickiest" brand and of course I never keep the hat there when not actually driving as it would be under glass in the sun. I don't put UV protector directly under where I place the mat both to help it cling and to keep it away from the hat just in case.

birdhunter

New in Town
figured out a little hat hook for the back side of my headrest. if i can figure out how to post a pic i will put some up

Chaps

One of the Regulars
When I was looking to buy my truck a few years ago, I made sure I was wearing one of my hats when I checked it out. I wear both fedoras and cowboy hats so the truck had to be "hat friendly" all around and it is.

Danny

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24