Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many Brits are here?

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
it's a little emporium, vintage and new pretties, like a bomb's gone off in a boudoir is how i like to describe it. Although sadly, business isn't going great, so it might be back to the drawing board, not meaning to whinge or anything, but the trade has been appalling where i live for the last year, due to the recession and all. Still onward and upward.

Actually i doubt Ms Payne was every drunk in charge, probably too busy (and sensible) coining in the cash and the luncheon vouchers to have time for a snifter or two!! ;)

You can't be that far away from then, in the sunny garden of England?

I lived there for thirteen years.

That's terrible!!! I hate the big chains! and will always support the small stores whenever I can! I would say "don't give up" but sometimes you just have to do the sensible thing.

I'm in Margate, where were you?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
In Sevenoaks, although i'm glad i got away when i did, sadly it's a very different place now, like so many.

Margate is nice, i like a bit of seaside, faded grandeur.

Actually we have been hanging on in there for a while now, sadly people don't seem to have a lot of spare cash for things that aren't necessities it seems and i live in a town that is dependent on the tourists flashing the wonga. So it's not good, but chin up and all that.

By the way, i saw those shoes first!! I have been coveting those for eons.

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
In Sevenoaks, although i'm glad i got away when i did, sadly it's a very different place now, like so many.

Margate is nice, i like a bit of seaside, faded grandeur.

Actually we have been hanging on in there for a while now, sadly people don't seem to have a lot of spare cash for things that aren't necessities it seems and i live in a town that is dependent on the tourists flashing the wonga. So it's not good, but chin up and all that.

By the way, i saw those shoes first!! I have been coveting those for eons.

hands off babe!! if they're size 9's I might have them for myself!! HAHA

Hmm Margate is VERY faded grandeur at the moment!
I'm guessing here, but I reckon you're in Lewes :)

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Actually i'm in Rye. But you were close-ish. ;)

Actually i was in Margate a while ago for a party and was rather amazed to see a woman in her pyjamas and slippers buying fish and chips in the queue in front of me! I thought that kind of thing only happened in Tesco's lol. Or Rye :)

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
Oh God!!! The pyjamas thing! don't get me started!!! It seems to be the rage over here! Mind you, the only time they get out of bed at all, is to go to get their benefit money!!!

I don't know Rye. Is it as bad as Hastings yet? :p

Miss sofia

One Too Many
It's a bit more sedate here in Rye really, there is always a rogue element wherever you live, but thankfully it's pretty small here. I think i get the majority of abuse from the tourists outside my shop for my choice of outfits haha. It's quite arty in Rye, lots of country types too, so it's either paint spattered pyjamas or a Barbour and wellies over the top of them!

Actually i was reading that Hastings is one of the most deprived areas in England now. The old town is nice tho', but the rest is pretty shabby i have to agree.

Cobden

Practically Family
Another Brit here - in fact, another Sussexian (the Channel Counties seem to have something of an unusual large presence)

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
No, the less said about the erstwhile McCririck the better. His poor wife!! :eusa_doh:

Hi Dave, nice to have you (not in the biblical sense of course, ;))
sorry, I'm in a funny mood today :rolleyes:

Miss sofia

One Too Many
It must be my round now, or kettle on....

Welcome Dave E, this is a good thread as hopefully i will get a chance to say 'hi' to people i don't usually come into contact with on here, as i mainly post in the Powder Room, or have a random nosey about. :)

dragonaxe

One of the Regulars
OMG Dave E AND Dav!! I'm going to get confused ;) Apologies in advance

It's great to see a decent UK presence here (apart from Sophia obviously, who's neither decent nor given me any presents! :D)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner