Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many Brits are here?

Miss sofia

One Too Many
Where have you been, Young Lady!!!!!

We were talking about sending out a search party.............................

Sorry Big Daddy, things just went a bit pear-shaped for a while, a bit 'La vie en noir', but i was still lurking in the shadows...

Is the offer of the search party still on though?!! ( With a nice St Bernard and some decent schnapps to revive me...)!!

mwelch8404

Familiar Face
Some of us Yanks, at least me, are not "British" or "English," but "American." However, we don't deny our heritage, either,

name: David DICKSON
birth: 1754 Apr 11
Selkirk, Selkirk, Scotland
christening: 1754 Jun 9
Selkirk Parish, Selkirk, Scotland
death: Oct 1837 23 Aft

was my upteenth great grandfather and came over at a young age as an indentured servant.

When I have sporadically worked on geneaology, I am amazed that the majority, with a few western European exceptions are all "Brits."

The Dickson family reasearch is a chore. They must have been the backbone of the military and bureaucracy - they're all over Oz, South Africa, Canada, and India... I guess I could say, if the Empire was there, so was a Dickson ;-)

Which brings me to a thought on colonialism and Empire. Isn't it interesting that the largest, most successful democracies in the world were British? Name a surviving, successful Dutch, French, Portaguese or Spanish colony...

Tangoman

New in Town
Kingstonian (Kingston upon Thames) born and bred. South West London these days but in my youth county town of Surrey. Is the kettle on?

STEVIEBOY1

One Too Many
There's a few of us, but no where near the amount of Americans who are on here. I'm not sure whether that's just because we have a smaller population or whether there's just less interest in vintage style over here.

Where I live there are very few people who wear proper felt hats (fedoras, bowlers, homburgs) and those that do wear them are nearly always appear to be over retirement age. Then again in the East Midlands vintage style gets a lot of ridicule from young people, though I do receive some compliments.

There do seem to be lot of Brits on this site, but I presume it is a USA based forum, so bound to many more USA clients using it. I have just bought a Fedora, my first proper hat and have had many compliments. Rgds :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner