Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Many Fedoras did you see today?

Saw only one this wk, going into the county courthouse as I was coming out after paying my taxes for the yr. I don't think he was a lawyer or judge. He was accompanied by his wife I presume, and I think they were there to conduct some business as well.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Italians are wearing fedoras in late this year...
In Verona saw yesterday three hats two "outback" (Australian style) not so interesting and a magnificent Borsalino on the head of a woman that has always very beautiful hats.
These days of moderate cold will improve the fedoras, I'm sure :rolleyes:

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This weekend is the Cattle Raisers Convention, here in Fort Worth.

Seems every other person in town is wearing a felt or straw western hat.

c3b8989e0224e6b5730bda7c96738576.jpg

I just saw a gentleman wearing a fedora straw during Happy Hour tonight. When the person occupying the seat between us stepped away I took the opportunity to ask him if he came there often (already knew that he didn't). He said that he planned to start coming there more often because he didn't have cable & so couldn't get the baseball game at home. The baseball pre game show started about that time & so that was pretty much the end of our conversation.

A friend of mine brought his son over last night with a white Homburg, or so they thought. It's prom season & his son wanted a center crease put in the hat similar to something Leonardo DeCaprio wore in some movie or other. Turns out the hat was a Derby & nothing more than a costume grade. His tux will be all white. I don't own any white hats I could offer to loan him. Prom is Sat night; he was going to get his mom to make some calls today while he was in school to try & find something that would work so he wrote down exactly what she would be looking for. His dad told him he might just have to wear the Derby or go without. He seemed really disappointed.

Tiki Tom

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very strange. I commute through two subway (U-bahn) hub stations on my way to work each morning. The weather is cold, under 40 f (5 c), grey, and sometimes the sky spits a little. I see literally hundreds of people on my commute. Almost everyone is wearing a hat of some sort: a lot of ski caps and a lot of baseball caps. Even some berets. But this week (and possibly longer) I have seen zero fedoras or brimmed hats with the exception of mine. LAST WINTER I saw at least one or two per day. The absence is so obvious to me, that now I find myself really paying attention and looking for them. Where are they?

Knotten

Practically Family
For some reason, this is a good town for fedoras. I usually see a couple a day. But today I had two of them in front of me as I boarded a commuter train. There’s the guy just entering the car up front, in a nice high-crown vintage looking piece, and the guy directly in front of me.

52ab961d8580219ace400c53a704ea88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ