Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Jejupe

Practically Family
Perfect fit on a great looking jacket. If a deal was had, you’re a lucky fella

Thanks!

Apart from the smell, I loved this jacket from first time I put it on. It just feels "right" on me. Hard to describe it any other way. It's Easy to wear, but definetely not in lambskin mall jacket kinda way.

I am not sure what qualifies as a deal.. I think I paid around 50% of a price of a new one, but its rather rare to find used jackets that I like and that would also fit me (my size is 48 or 50 in Vanson) so I will consider it a good deal anyway.

Hd are you buying that exact jacket or ordering one that style? Because “that” jacket has some serious Cool goin on!
A Mojo Monster!!
B
I'm seriously considering ordering a custom Thedi in this style, hide & color, with this same antiquing/aging. I normally wear a size 40 ( with longer sleeves and body length ) in most jackets but not sure about this style of Thedi. Will go through Thurston Bros so their advice on fit should be golden.
HD

Gonna sell or donate a couple. While I do rotate most of them daily, some I only put on because I feel like I have to in order to justify having them. Ridiculous.
Sometimes the things you own start to own you. That's when I go on a selling bender. Feel relieved for a moment then
IMG_0016.JPG

All over again. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Perhaps we are all actually in Hell and don't know it. Oh never mind that was the season finale of LOST. Or was it.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A
I'm seriously considering ordering a custom Thedi in this style, hide & color, with this same antiquing/aging. I normally wear a size 40 ( with longer sleeves and body length ) in most jackets but not sure about this style of Thedi. Will go through Thurston Bros so their advice on fit should be golden.
HD
HD,
I think you are on the right track with Thurston Brothers on this one. That is how I ordered my Thedi and I am very pleased with the result. I find his patterns to be much trimmer that I’m used to, and with high narrow arm holes as well. When the fit is right it is a great looking jacket that feels good to wear, but if it’s too tight than it feels like an instrument of torture. I have a feeling you’ll find that you size up one, if not two, sizes over what you might wear in an Aero jacket.

Here is my MTC12799 “Triangle Man” in Cuoio Buffalo:

39B8ED52-BB75-4B4C-840F-B045F1D82239.jpeg

Last edited:

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
What do you clean your jackets with?

Well this is a first for me as i have never had to give a jacket a full clean.
I considered the washing machine, but it felt wrong, so i just gave it a good handwash in the tub using a soft scrubbing pad and some Lexol leather cleaner.
It seems to have removed the grey surface layer that was all over the jacket (mold i think) and gotten rid of most of the musty smell.
It is now lying flat on towels on a flat rack (I used towels to prevent the rack from marking the leather) drying.
Once dry i will Pecard it.

Oh, and you were right not to believe me... It appears i am not done for 2018

Well this is a first for me as i have never had to give a jacket a full clean.
I considered the washing machine, but it felt wrong, so i just gave it a good handwash in the tub using a soft scrubbing pad and some Lexol leather cleaner.
It seems to have removed the grey surface layer that was all over the jacket (mold i think) and gotten rid of most of the musty smell.
It is now lying flat on towels on a flat rack (I used towels to prevent the rack from marking the leather) drying.
Once dry i will Pecard it.

Oh, and you were right not to believe me... It appears i am not done for 2018

Ha, didn’t even realize you weren’t done. Too funny. But I was right.

Thanks for info. I recently put a jacket in a washing machine and was happy with results. Though it was nerve wracking. This may be a better option A.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Indeed, I've seen them now and again. They look like super high quality. I was very tempted by that one. The leather is super thick yeah? I like this one too:
il_570xN.1376408018_87xn.jpg

il_570xN.1420237127_sr5w.jpg

Nice!
The leather is super thick, looks like steer/cow to me, black on a white/grey hide.
Will weigh it when dry but it feels heavier than average, but not as heavy as my CW Chopper.
The one i got is pretty much the same as this one, but without the belt loops, which i really like.
It's interesting that they used regular pocket entries on this one, rather than the "top flaps only" seen on mine.
It seems not two are ever alike, and they almost never have size tags, i wonder if they were a custom shop? I really hope someone will have some info once i do a proper thread.

marmalademan

Banned
@HoosierDaddy if you do order that Thedi in 40 be great if you can post up any sizing info you run into. I'm eyeing that same model for my next too, also in 40. I can see that they're short, but I'm still wondering just how short

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn