Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Vu Ngo

New in Town
I have so many before, current, and incoming. My wife told me many times that if my I were allowed financially, I could build a museum around it :p

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I was waiting for this one to arrive and today arrived.

Some might remember this one in green:

1OYUks6.jpg

As it happens it was a Fox Knapp in L size but I had the feeling somehow the jacket shrinked over the years or someone washed it instead of Dry Cleaning because the collar at the back was too short (one side was longer of the two pieces of the collar)and zipper was wavy like some zippers end when the leather or wool shrinks. Basically the jacket overall had shrinked at some point making it more short than usual and altering the original fit.

As it happens my suspicions were right when I stumbled upon this beauty:

dmHLB9w.jpg
UTqufcy.jpg

Basically the same jacket in Brown in a M size and it fits better than the other one. I was meant to have this one too which is basically mint, doesn't have any odor, shows no signs of use and the labels are intact, no wear, only the union label is in a different place. As you can see, the pockets are bigger which is the only difference I can spot.

Love that jacket, Willy. Who made it?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
@Monitor did your Vanson arrive yet? My Langlitz find was in the post today. I'll post pictures at the weekend. I can already tell you though that it's a perfect fit, couldn't be happier with it. Jacket weights 2kg so it's either lightweight or medium weight cowhide, but you can see the quality of the hide and it's a nice lightweight jacket for evenings out. Now I want a Langlitz in heavyweight leather really badly, though. This jacket but heavier and I would be dunso, selling everything else and go back to collecting watches.

@Monitor did your Vanson arrive yet? My Langlitz find was in the post today. I'll post pictures at the weekend. I can already tell you though that it's a perfect fit, couldn't be happier with it. Jacket weights 2kg so it's either lightweight or medium weight cowhide, but you can see the quality of the hide and it's a nice lightweight jacket for evenings out. Now I want a Langlitz in heavyweight leather really badly, though. This jacket but heavier and I would be dunso, selling everything else and go back to collecting watches.

Still on the way but should be in a few days. Next week, most likely. It made a little detour on its travels but everything goes as planned. :) I can't wait!

Post some photos immediately! 2kg is a nice weight. I think mine was 2.5kg and it was a mid weight cowhide but still extremely tough. Heavy coat that was virtually damage-proof.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Got an Aero Redskin B6 waiting for the winter cold. Will post some snaps when the time comes!

Garry

Oooh I'm interested in seeing one, it's not common on this forum.

I was thinking of ordering one for this winter. In my opinion It's one of the few shearling jacket when you wear it you don't look like Bibendum (Michelin Mascot)

Last edited:

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
Edgar... Which model / contract A-2? And what feature of that model did you like? Just curious.

Aero Leather Clothing Co. contract no W535ac 27435 order no 42-15142P which is I believe a war contract from the early stages of WWII 1942 I believe.
I would say that mostly the pockets.

UnknownSuspect

New in Town
A goatskin A2 jacket is on the way. I was hopeful of it arriving before the long weekend here but looks like my hopes are in vain. I've briefly entertained the thought of a B3 jacket, having seen one at a local antique warehouse and regretting I didn't at least try it on for size. But I can try to justify that it just isn't my style anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails