Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

CBI

One Too Many
At The Front M1943 Field jacket and German Parka - Memorial Day Sale - woo hoo (and US Army sweater) all inbound

Nothing coming in or on the horizon but the itch is back in full force. Not sure what to scratch it with.

Hide the JL for the entire summer and don't even look at it! I've actually discovered this addiction control method by accident and it kinda semi-works because after a month, I was convinced there isn't a better jacket in the world than the one I had. . . Only problem is, this doesn't last too long.

I keep looking at this every day... I wish someone'd just buy it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vanson-Loga...r-jacket-Made-in-USA-size-Large-/162498799287

Hide the JL for the entire summer and don't even look at it! I've actually discovered this addiction control method by accident and it kinda semi-works because after a month, I was convinced there isn't a better jacket in the world than the one I had. . . Only problem is, this doesn't last too long.

I keep looking at this every day... I wish someone'd just buy it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vanson-Loga...r-jacket-Made-in-USA-size-Large-/162498799287
Oh man I've been watching that jacket on and off for years

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
nope, nothing, currently content with the small number that I have, I plan to have a brown one someday, or maybe green too, but then there is nothing after that, so better spread it as long as I can.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Impulse eBay buy: Eastman Winward in black horsehide. Should arrive in 10 days or so.
I was so inspired by Ton312's cross zip jacket collection that I decided I needed one too, when in fact there's no sane reason I need another jacket, my latest addition, a black Aero Sheene is nowhere near broken in yet, but I just couldn't help myself.
Bloody addiction.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Trucker Type 3 style in extremely heavy leather. Nothing unheard of but I always fancied one from a relevant maker ever since TM showed us all his Lost worlds and so when Vanson appeared on the bay, I just hit "BIN" and it was done.

Good for you! I saw that Vanson. Great Buy. Post it up when you get it.

Impulse eBay buy: Eastman Winward in black horsehide. Should arrive in 10 days or so.
I was so inspired by Ton312's cross zip jacket collection that I decided I needed one too, when in fact there's no sane reason I need another jacket, my latest addition, a black Aero Sheene is nowhere near broken in yet, but I just couldn't help myself.
Bloody addiction.
Man I love that ELMC! Please post a proper thread. Very cool jacket man!!!!

bn1966

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nothing..praise the Lord!!!!! Had a few quid come in unexpected too!!! Fight the good fight with all your might!!!! :) :) :)

Edward

Bartender
Now then ...I need an ELC G-1 & a Cockpit USA MA-1 :)

Those Cockpit 'Authentic' models are looking mighty tempting, given they're half the price of the Buzz (though given my druthers, I'd probably opt for one of each....). Definitely on my hit list when/if the pound recovers enough against the dollar.

You've chosen a good time, the weather's been great of late!

I imagine you're getting very nice weather up there right now - the best of the Summer, at a sensible temperature (i.e. not the ridiculous heat we get in London. Not that I'll be complaining - it was 34 here in Beijing yesterday!).

willyto

One Too Many
I was waiting for this one to arrive and today arrived.

Some might remember this one in green:

1OYUks6.jpg

As it happens it was a Fox Knapp in L size but I had the feeling somehow the jacket shrinked over the years or someone washed it instead of Dry Cleaning because the collar at the back was too short (one side was longer of the two pieces of the collar)and zipper was wavy like some zippers end when the leather or wool shrinks. Basically the jacket overall had shrinked at some point making it more short than usual and altering the original fit.

As it happens my suspicions were right when I stumbled upon this beauty:

dmHLB9w.jpg
UTqufcy.jpg

Basically the same jacket in Brown in a M size and it fits better than the other one. I was meant to have this one too which is basically mint, doesn't have any odor, shows no signs of use and the labels are intact, no wear, only the union label is in a different place. As you can see, the pockets are bigger which is the only difference I can spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn