Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I cant believe I'm still tweaking my selection!

I just took possession of my new Seal Vicenza Sheene which I love, I have a Cordovan Vicenza Work Coat due in the next few weeks and the desire to replace my recently sold Board Racer is itching pretty damn hard.

At the moment I'm thinking a 4 pocket Board Racer with slanted chest pockets and original BR collar, I'll keep the J-100 back. This should differentiate it a touch from my Black DD J-100 and Navy Aero J-100. I keep telling myself to at least wait until the Work Coat arrives before ordering.....

AND at some stage I think I'll sell and replace my premier half belt with a size up.

I'll probably sell my ELMC Roadstar, I really like it but jut never wear it.

...and this is ignoring the Good Wear that I've kind of given up on at this stage, overdue and no replies from John. I'm assuming he is still out of action due to the family tragedy.

And I thought I had a problem . . .

We-admitted-that-we-were-powerless-over-our-addiction-that-our-lives-had-become-unmanageable..png

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I cant believe I'm still tweaking my selection!

I just took possession of my new Seal Vicenza Sheene which I love, I have a Cordovan Vicenza Work Coat due in the next few weeks and the desire to replace my recently sold Board Racer is itching pretty damn hard.

At the moment I'm thinking a 4 pocket Board Racer with slanted chest pockets and original BR collar, I'll keep the J-100 back. This should differentiate it a touch from my Black DD J-100 and Navy Aero J-100. I keep telling myself to at least wait until the Work Coat arrives before ordering.....

AND at some stage I think I'll sell and replace my premier half belt with a size up.

I'll probably sell my ELMC Roadstar, I really like it but jut never wear it.

...and this is ignoring the Good Wear that I've kind of given up on at this stage, overdue and no replies from John. I'm assuming he is still out of action due to the family tragedy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jeez Prote - even more amazing when you consider your weather... I lived in Sydney on and off for years. I wore a denim jacket for a few weeks but wouldn't need anything heavier. Has it got cooler there. :p

Graemsay

Practically Family

I'm in the same place with Good Wear. The only good thing about the delay is that I've gone up a chest size since then (gym is paying off), so I won't have to worry about my jacket no longer fitting me.

ProteinNerd

I'm in the same place with Good Wear. The only good thing about the delay is that I've gone up a chest size since then (gym is paying off), so I won't have to worry about my jacket no longer fitting me.

Yeah I'm really not worried about the Good Wear, it will happen when it happens.

Edward

Bartender
I just picked up a vintage back denim jacket, it fit so good... But way to warm here in London town of anything other than skin... I also have a G-1 coming (yeah, I know... but its for winter).

Tell me about it! I can barely even look at my leathers without breaking a sweat at the minute. This wqeather is hideous - sooner it passes, the better.

You shou

Request a cutting of the midnight. It's really not blue. It's more a forest green, black green if that makes sense. At least mine was. A color like that makes it easily justifiable as it's off the spectrum.
I really want a green jacket myself. I don't know why and I don't think I'd probably wear it often but I really want something green.

I'm currently really liking thed ideaof a green bike jacket, probably cafe-racer style. A Board Racer would look fantaqstic in green. Some of the more padded cafe jackets Thedi do, though more modern than my usual style, also look fantastic in their washed green. If the pound recovers enough in the next few years that a trip to Greece and a new jacket from there would make sense, I could see the appeal of a holiday down there with a trip to Thedi built in to hopefully pick up something off the rack.

And I thought I had a problem . . .

We-admitted-that-we-were-powerless-over-our-addiction-that-our-lives-had-become-unmanageable..png

How very dare you. My jacket acquisition lust is not a problem.

It's just paying for them and the shortage of storage space as might be an issue..... ;)

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
Yes!!! This jacket is dancing around in my mind with sugar plumb fairies when I sleep
View attachment 77109
Not sure I have to balls to wear it but I'd be willing to gamble. The hide, zip front and shawl collar are drool worthy and way outside my usual comfort zone. But man. That jacket slays.

That's a gorgeous jacket in a beautiful color. In my mind, I call it Liberty Green as it looks similar to the patina Lady Liberty wears. :D :D :D :D

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab
Wish list? Definitely a "real deal" Aero A-2 dark seal, perhaps with some custom nose art as a conversation starter. And after that, an early war/ BoB RAF Irvin (maker to be determined) by the time I purchase my next car: a convertible that I can pilot... I mean, drive... in colder weather with the top down.

ProteinNerd

I'm looking into replacing my steer BR that was a size small and am looking at various options. I was thinking of taking style cues from the Flat Head cafe racer back which I quite like (see below)

FHhorsehide10c_zps8fhdkjx7.jpg

Aero wont do a half belt with a cafe racer collar (which this effectively is..such a shame as I think it looks great) but Carrie has suggested we could do an action back with V yoke and kidney panel, so basically adding an action back to this.
Board Racer with “V” yoke and kidney panel Teo.jpg

Any thoughts from the brain trust? It could either look awesome or a bit too busy....I'm not sure which.

I'm looking into replacing my steer BR that was a size small and am looking at various options. I was thinking of taking style cues from the Flat Head cafe racer back which I quite like (see below)

View attachment 77233

Aero wont do a half belt with a cafe racer collar (which this effectively is..such a shame as I think it looks great) but Carrie has suggested we could do an action back with V yoke and kidney panel, so basically adding an action back to this.
View attachment 77235

Any thoughts from the brain trust? It could either look awesome or a bit too busy....I'm not sure which.

It would effectively be this (with a less busy kidney panel):
aero-king-of-the-road-rear-jpg.30288

View attachment 77233

View attachment 77235

LOL. I asked Carrie the same thing and was actually kinda shocked they wouldn't do it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
full action back like that looks better if the back has side panels, a bit strange for a pleat without another seams close to it kind of coming out of nowhere, without side panels to me shoulder gussets look better, just my own opinion though.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I am also not to sure this action back design works out on the sidepanelless Board Racer. I understand you want the fit and mobility of the Board Racer pattern but with an action back and side panels? Sounds like the sort of custom job, Alan is the right one to talk to. With such a custom design request, I'd always go Johnson Leather. They'll get you all the details plus the exact fit you want.

People, help me out! Tell me I don't need a white cafe racer jacket! Is white leather jacket even wearable? I'll look stupid, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider