Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Just saw this on Good Wear's site: Special note: John Chapman's mother has passed away after an 18 month illness. John and his sister have been primary care givers over that time, and it has been difficult for all involved. There are some emails that have not yet been responded to, and will be soon. We deeply appreciate your support and understanding.

--Thoughts and Prayers going out to you and your loved ones John...

Just saw this on Good Wear's site: Special note: John Chapman's mother has passed away after an 18 month illness. John and his sister have been primary care givers over that time, and it has been difficult for all involved. There are some emails that have not yet been responded to, and will be soon. We deeply appreciate your support and understanding.

--Thoughts and Prayers going out to you and your loved ones John...
That's been up a while now. But oddly, I can't get to any GW website pages today...

New j106 arrived today! Wow is it thick!! The heaviest Aero I've ever owned. Has a cool feature, a fully leather lined waistband. It pinned my produce scale past 10lbs. Fit is good/ pics are bad.
IMG_4225.JPG

IMG_4226.JPG

IMG_4250.JPG

IMG_4258.JPG

IMG_4311.JPG

^^ Perfect Tony!! Envious of the weight of that jacket. We'll have to compare notes on these in more detail sometime.
Happy to Randy! Of the 3 I previously owned:1 brown steer, 1 black steer and 1 FQHH, this one is literally lbs heavier. It just feels a whole lot different.

Congrats!! Still don't get it how come 3oz HH jacket weight 10 lbs
It's not 3oz. Probably north of 4. It outweighs my 4.25oz JL without the collar and belt. I'm not saying it's "storse" but:
IMG_4313.JPG

Wasn't 8/3/11 right during the heart of the storse-troversy? I cant imagine any HH being this heavy. It's of no consequence to me as I actually prefer the steer (if it is) and it's sewn by Julie, who stitched all 4 of the j106's I owned.

Last edited:
Doesn't need to be. One HH jacket I've had from Aero, and that was the Return of the Calders Aero, was crazy heavy. Heavier than most cow hide jackets I had. And LW HH is like 4+oz so it's entirely possible this is a bona fide horse hide. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever and not that anyone will ever know the truth but... But seriously, pocket bags made of canvas. No wonder it's 10+lbs.

Doesn't need to be. One HH jacket I've had from Aero, and that was the Return of the Calders Aero, was crazy heavy. Heavier than most cow hide jackets I had. And LW HH is like 4+oz so it's entirely possible this is a bona fide horse hide. Not that it makes any difference whatsoever and not that anyone will ever know the truth but... But seriously, pocket bags made of canvas. No wonder it's 10+lbs.
I like that it has a leather strip all the way around the waistband too. It's a tank man.

I was wondering about that. Noticed it right away as my jacket definitely didn't have anything like that. The whole thing somehow seems to be on a whole different level than the one I had.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
That's been up a while now. But oddly, I can't get to any GW website pages today...
I emailed John a few weeks back, just a casual inquiry, but haven't back from him. Not particularly concerned, though I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of updates on the new jacket production page - nothing since March by my estimate. I hope everything is okay with him.

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Congrats!! Still don't get it how come 3oz HH jacket weight 10 lbs
This may sound a bit naive as I have been buying leather jackets for some 40 years but what dictates the 3oz? Is it square ins, cm, a special size for tailors measurements or what? Same question can apply to denim.
Anyone want to clue me up please :)
I have not seen a question on this so excuse me if it has been asked before. Surly there must be others here without a clue like me.

Hammerklavier

One of the Regulars
This may sound a bit naive as I have been buying leather jackets for some 40 years but what dictates the 3oz? Is it square ins, cm, a special size for tailors measurements or what? Same question can apply to denim.
Anyone want to clue me up please :)
I have not seen a question on this so excuse me if it has been asked before. Surly there must be others here without a clue like me.

27e604d3fad2f077c54114e64780d03c.png

I emailed John a few weeks back, just a casual inquiry, but haven't back from him. Not particularly concerned, though I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of updates on the new jacket production page - nothing since March by my estimate. I hope everything is okay with him.
He put up three recently. But I can't get to anything now. Odd.

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Way back in February when this thread began I Posted that I was waiting on a type 3 jean jacket from Ciano Farmer as well as a Langlitz Columbia. I received both of those jackets a few months back and I like them a lot, so much so that I have just ordered another round!
This time I went with an car coat in 18 oz. navy canvas duck from Ciano and the Langlitz is still in the design phase. I am leaning towards a Crescent/Cascade hybrid in medium weight cowhide(crescent front with straight zipper and dress collar and Cascade back with western yoke and pinstripes). I would love some input from my fellow Langlitz fans because there are so many great design options available.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I've considered something like what you are indicating above, then I spoke with Benny about it (at Langlitz) and he greatly discouraged me from this path. After some consideration, I agree, a Cafe Racer should stay just that, unless you want to do a Sheene such as Aero does. However in this instance, the Sheene is really a very different jacket than a 4 or 2 pocket Cafe Racer. I'm still holding out on ordering a Cresent, hopeing to do that later this fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot