Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Colin G

One Too Many
This Thedi test jacket showed up today from Thurston Bros. If the sleeves were shorter I'd be keeping it and not ordering one with shorter sleeves.

As soon as I slipped it on it instantly felt right. I can't really say that about any other jacket I have tried. It fits like a glove in the body and feels perfect in the upper sleeves also. Just the sleeve length needs to be about 3/4" shorter. I think I may order in black though, with light coloured buttons.

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

tenor.gif

steve u

A-List Customer
jonesy86, I thought this might interest you ...
Dave (Maverickson) said"The type your Monarch you will be receiving runs more along the lines from what was derived from Monarch’s civilian type jackets.
The Monarch jacket I referenced to you that belonged to (Member in the FL)is seen attached. His jacket is beyond rare and way ahead of it’s time. Albeit not many recognize it for what it is. But that sleeve gusset is a game changer for that model jacket. The Japanese picked up on this and the jacket maker Freewheelers is utilizing them on their jackets".
steve
cleardot.gif

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
jonesy86, I thought this might interest you ...
Dave (Maverickson) said"The type your Monarch you will be receiving runs more along the lines from what was derived from Monarch’s civilian type jackets.
The Monarch jacket I referenced to you that belonged to (Member in the FL)is seen attached. His jacket is beyond rare and way ahead of it’s time. Albeit not many recognize it for what it is. But that sleeve gusset is a game changer for that model jacket. The Japanese picked up on this and the jacket maker Freewheelers is utilizing them on their jackets".
steve
cleardot.gif
Yes, Yes, Yes! Thats the one. With both the action back and the gusset it will probably be nice and trim as per the period, but quite flexible at the same time. Do you have a photo of the jacket that Dave referenced? I bet it is just like the absolutely beautiful Freewheelers Caboose that @dudewhuttheheck got recently.
Caboose.jpeg

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
The underarm gusset or football on my Schott Perfecto 118 seems comparatively larger.
674ab535a145d2b89f00a5a8d9f977dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same principle though. Vanson did this on the model E during certain periods too. It's a smart design as the gusset folds into itself when the arms aren't raised. I can't be certain but I want to say Schott pioneered this element.

Last edited:

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Same principle though. Vanson did this on the model E during certain periods too. It's a smart design as the gusset folds into itself when the arms aren't raised. I can't be certain but I want to say Schott pioneered this element.

The Freewheelers Caboose gusset seems a little more recessed.
775579d6d2005bac93f140f014737777.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Eastman have a similar underarm gusset in their Windward jacket. It really helps with mobility, more than any style of action back.

873d57c4639796eb610f6420956bcfc4.jpg

I tried on the Windward last Summer and found it to be quite comfortable, just not long enough. I also liked the elastic side cinch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
jonesy86, Here's all I got. Dave was talking about an original (rare) civilian Monarch Jacket that this member owns.
9VhvAd8.jpg

steve
Jonesy86, Here's a pic of a Freewheelers
3feTMbz.jpg

The Monarch pictured with the tape on it is mine. I just sent it to Dave. I have tried to do measurements and pics for Dave, but he wanted in hand. Dave understands these "techniques" in ways I just don't understand. He wanted my jacket so he could study this underarm piece. Dave is very particular.

marmalademan

Banned
This Thedi test jacket showed up today from Thurston Bros. If the sleeves were shorter I'd be keeping it and not ordering one with shorter sleeves.

As soon as I slipped it on it instantly felt right. I can't really say that about any other jacket I have tried. It fits like a glove in the body and feels perfect in the upper sleeves also. Just the sleeve length needs to be about 3/4" shorter. I think I may order in black though, with light coloured buttons.

It's easier to ascertain the way a jacket truly fits and the proportions if you can take full length photos, from top to toe.

To my eye the body looks too long also, by some distance, and this is especially evident on the rear view shot

marmalademan

Banned
I prefer a longer jacket. I actually can't stand a jacket that sits above my belt line so it is spot on for my liking.

Hey man, it's your money. Don't mind me. I'm just supplying an opinion since you posted the fit pics up, although I know it isn't the one that a lot of guys round here like to hear. At the end of the day that is intended to be a short style and in mine (opinion) it'll always look better worn that way, accompanied by higher rise trousers. Took me a number of years and a big wad of readies to figure that out but now that I see it it is blindingly obvious

Last edited:

hondurasdave47

Practically Family
The Monarch pictured with the tape on it is mine. I just sent it to Dave. I have tried to do measurements and pics for Dave, but he wanted in hand. Dave understands these "techniques" in ways I just don't understand. He wanted my jacket so he could study this underarm piece. Dave is very particular.
Particular is good! Dave's building my Monarch Hercules in the next few weeks. I'll throw up some pics once it's done!

3ED10AB9-F062-4032-AC32-0C8E3F1D19AF.jpeg Put in a low offer on a vintage CL cross zip police jacket that comes with brown mouton collar and large duty belt. It was just accepted. Looks to be in very good condition. This is my second swing at this jacket, hopefully it ends better than the first. Measurements look spot on for me.

My LW should be arriving in the coming weeks too. Then I am done haha.

Pic from eBay

Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 138396 Put in a low offer on a vintage CL cross zip police jacket that comes with brown mouton collar and large duty belt. It was just accepted. Looks to be in very good condition. This is my second swing at this jacket, hopefully it ends better than the first. Measurements look spot on for me.

Pic from eBay

We're never done :)

View attachment 138396 Put in a low offer on a vintage CL cross zip police jacket that comes with brown mouton collar and large duty belt. It was just accepted. Looks to be in very good condition. This is my second swing at this jacket, hopefully it ends better than the first. Measurements look spot on for me.

Pic from eBay
I'd be willing to bet a two dollar bill our watch lists are 99% the same. LOL!! Nice one man...is it a Cal? Can't be sure without seeing inside the sleeve cuff.

Colin G
Yes sir the sleeves are indeed too long and I agree everything else looks great IMHO. When I have a custom jacket made ( and pay those prices ) I want it long enough to be able to wear with most all of my pants/jeans. That certainly looks much better than riding above the belt. I don't care to wear 'high waisted pants so could care less about how it is ' supposed to be '. A little off the sleeves and you have a winner.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran