Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

barnabus

One Too Many
Here is a jacket that should be here tomorrow.
Langlitz%20Leather%201993%20Cascade%20Front-M.jpg
Langlitz%201993%20Cascade%20Back-M.jpg

I wish the back had pinstripes but it seems like it will fit. I am only worried about the arm length right now. Not crazy about the chest pocket but I might feel differently when I try it on. In the pix it looked almost new and the price wasn't too high.
The seller said it was heavy cowhide. I'm eager to see how that feels.
We'll see when it gets here.

Sort of confused as to why I have that coming
when I love what I got back in August:
Langlitz%20Cascade%20Grey%20Front-L.jpg
Langlitz%20Cascade%20Grey%20PinStripes-L.jpg

I guess the problem is the August one is very old (about as old as me I think but I'm not sure) and some of the stitching has broken. Also there is a hole in the sleeve.

This jacket was actually EXTRA crispy and dry. It took about 2 weeks and over 1 tub of Langlitz Conditioner to get it back to reasonable. This picture is after the first 3-4 days. I later washed the jacket with mild soap and water and more of that yellow came off.

Would anyone know how to date this jacket?
Maybe I should make another thread about this jacket.

I think I got the black one just to have something to wear while I make time to ride up to Langlitz to get the Grey jacket looked at.

Thanks for any help.
New one looks pretty cool @ShadowBoxer. Not a million miles away from what I'm waiting for in the mail. You say grey? It looks blue-ish in the photos, but it certainly looks good.

Who makes it?

Please post fit pics..!! Are you guys going full cowboy with the hat boots and big belt buckles? Spurs?
Oh you know I will HD...for better or worse, fit pics by the weekend. And I expect a host of brutal honesty! As far as the rest goes, no other cowboy accoutrements for me. I'm actually thinking of darkening the stitching ( quick photoshop job below) and taking a bit of yee haw out of the jacket...or potentially replacing the front/back yoke entirely with something else all together. I might use an old Brooks jacket as a donor and use the 70's front yoke
walter.jpg

walter2.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I bought this and I can't even begin to understand why (it was cheap). 7.5lb Two tone cross zip with some really odd embroidery and front yoke. I looked at it two days ago and couldn't have hated it more. All of the sudden it's in my purchased pile and due Friday. It'll hold me over while my Vanon does it's world tour.
View attachment 140304 View attachment 140305 View attachment 140307
View attachment 140308

If you don't end up liking it, which I don't predict happening, I'll gladly buy it from you and ride off into the sunset.

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
New one looks pretty cool @ShadowBoxer. Not a million miles away from what I'm waiting for in the mail. You say grey? It looks blue-ish in the photos, but it certainly looks good.

Who makes it?
I thought I posted two jackets front/back - ?
There should be a black jacket and a grey jacket.
Langlitz 1995 Cascade Front.jpg

The top one does look blueish but it's black. That might be part of the reason the auction ended close to where it started. These are the eBay pictures the seller had up. It's probably the lighting or maybe they over corrected afterwards, I don't know. The auction also had two close-up shots showing some scuffing on two of the pads and it was clear that the jacket is black.

Below this jacket I thought I posted another jacket that is grey. I can see both from here in my last post.
Does it not show up on your end? Are you reading this from a desktop computer or a mobile device?
I am re-posting just the front of each here. I might have got it wrong last time. I hope uploading them differently helps.

Langlitz 1965 Cascade Front.jpg

I started a thread about the grey jacket, "Vintage Grail Jacket" or something like that. I wanted to hear other peoples stories and started with my story on the grey Langlitz Cascade. I was amazed that everything I wanted lined up with that old jacket. I got it in August and it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The only problem is it has been very mistreated and neglected and will take some restoration work to bring it back to daily wearable.

Since they are both almost the same model, style and options I was asking myself why I bought the newer black one last Saturday. I guess it's to have something to wear while I make time to ride up to Portland, Oregon to the Langlitz Leathers shop to have them work on the grey jacket. From here it's about a two day ride one-way. So maybe a week long round trip.

Both are Langlitz jackets and I heard they will repair if possible. The jacket has a hole in one sleeve, that panel is quite cracked and flakey too so I'm wondering about replacing it, and the size might be a bit too big. However it's close and I've certainly had worse fitting jackets in my life.

I have worn the grey jacket. I have been on a few rides with it. It's probably the first time the jacket has been on a motorcycle in decades.
Worked fine. No issues.

Did you get your jacket yet?
Who makes it?

Stay Sharp & Stay Up
Cheers.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Remember John is a one man band. With that scenario it might not take much to upset and overwhelm operations from various sources of disturbance. I'm sure that is not much consolation for those who can't even get their emails answered. However, I've known John for years on various forums and through personal emails. He was always a super nice down to earth guy. I feel like something quite dramatic or several things must have happened to make him act this out of character. He would be the last person who I feel would ever be devious or underhanded. Maybe what got him behind or out of sync is just something difficult for him to explain or rectify right now. There just has to be something very unusual happening to cause the silence IMHO.
HD
Having spoken to John about his circumstances, he has obviously had to deal multiple problems coming from different directions all at the same time - the death of his mother has left him with some ongoing difficulties that won't resolve themselves easily, while the loss of his button hole machine seriously impeded his work rate for a significant period of time.
With the button holer replaced, my impression is that he has prioritized production over communication in an effort to catch up on himself. I doubt this has been made any easier by attracting the type of customer that is both incredibly exacting but also extremely indecisive - that's a helluva combination!

ksozay

One Too Many
This should be someone's next jacket. Would be mine if I didn't already have an Aero CR coming.

Gold label brooks CR, currently going for $185 on eBay. Looks to be in excellent shape. A few hours left.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/263984419693

If someone wants a gold label brooks, pm me. I have a few in a 40 that are pretty amazing that i would be happy to sell for 125 to help a fellow member get a great jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 140426
The top one does look blueish but it's black. That might be part of the reason the auction ended close to where it started. These are the eBay pictures the seller had up. It's probably the lighting or maybe they over corrected afterwards, I don't know. The auction also had two close-up shots showing some scuffing on two of the pads and it was clear that the jacket is black.

Below this jacket I thought I posted another jacket that is grey. I can see both from here in my last post.
Does it not show up on your end? Are you reading this from a desktop computer or a mobile device?
I am re-posting just the front of each here. I might have got it wrong last time. I hope uploading them differently helps.

View attachment 140428
I started a thread about the grey jacket, "Vintage Grail Jacket" or something like that. I wanted to hear other peoples stories and started with my story on the grey Langlitz Cascade. I was amazed that everything I wanted lined up with that old jacket. I got it in August and it's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. The only problem is it has been very mistreated and neglected and will take some restoration work to bring it back to daily wearable.

Since they are both almost the same model, style and options I was asking myself why I bought the newer black one last Saturday. I guess it's to have something to wear while I make time to ride up to Portland, Oregon to the Langlitz Leathers shop to have them work on the grey jacket. From here it's about a two day ride one-way. So maybe a week long round trip.

Both are Langlitz jackets and I heard they will repair if possible. The jacket has a hole in one sleeve, that panel is quite cracked and flakey too so I'm wondering about replacing it, and the size might be a bit too big. However it's close and I've certainly had worse fitting jackets in my life.

I have worn the grey jacket. I have been on a few rides with it. It's probably the first time the jacket has been on a motorcycle in decades.
Worked fine. No issues.

Who makes it?

Stay Sharp & Stay Up
Cheers.
Can't help but think that when that black one arrives you'll forget you ever even owned the gray one. Both cool but that black jacket looks to be literally twice the gray one...

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
The gray has a bit over twice the age, if I'm guessing correctly, yes.
I'm not sure about dating these jackets so it could even be older. I also feel that it's been neglected.
Of course it depends on your interests. If you like a vintage jacket with a bit of wear and experience showing, then one answers that. If you prefer jackets that are old but not too worn out, obviously the black one looks almost brand new. I was told it was made in 1995, so it's not new but it looks good so far. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow. New is nice and the older I get the more I appreciate quality and craftsmanship still rocking and rolling 30-40 years and beyond.

I think the gray one was probably just hung up and left to dry out somewhere for 30 years. Maybe in a garage, maybe in a bar, who knows. The poor thing was like a potato chip. It felt like wearing a paper grocery bag before I cleaned it up and started conditioning. It was covered in a yellow, ochre colored dirt. Mud was caked on the back and practically fossilized. It's rough and needs some TLC but it's pretty much what I was looking for, right down to a unique color or stripes or something like that. I don't have the experience most of you have with these vintage jackets, but I'd love to hear opinions on how common or not a vintage gray Langlitz Cascade is.

That said, if the newer black one shows up tomorrow and the arms are long enough and the torso fits correctly, of course I'll be happy.
It's supposed to be heavy weight cowhide. So I imagine it will be warm.
Starting to get cooler over here the last few days.

barnabus

One Too Many
@ShadowBoxer, I got thoroughly confused with what I was looking at. Your pictures showed up fine, but I thought the grey one was the black one, and the black (which looked blue to me) must have been the grey one.

I didn't realise they were both Langlitz; they look fab.

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but should soon. I've no idea on the maker though, photos of the label didn't give much away and it was listed as unbranded.

I'll have a look when it shows up.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
mxLBn4s.jpg

I'm still hoping for a crosszip idea, I borrowed some elements from my previous drawing, I get rid of zipper on the cuff since it would be redundant, simplified the collar as well, snap on the collar tab I want to try a twist turn clasp instead of snap since pressing a metal snap against my own neck is uncomfortable.

mxLBn4s.jpg

I'm still hoping for a crosszip idea, I borrowed some elements from my previous drawing, I get rid of zipper on the cuff since it would be redundant, simplified the collar as well, snap on the collar tab I want to try a twist turn clasp instead of snap since pressing a metal snap against my own neck is uncomfortable.
yes, yes, a size 44" would work out just perfectly.

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Here is a jacket that should be here tomorrow.
Langlitz%20Leather%201993%20Cascade%20Front-M.jpg
Langlitz%201993%20Cascade%20Back-M.jpg

I wish the back had pinstripes but it seems like it will fit. I am only worried about the arm length right now. Not crazy about the chest pocket but I might feel differently when I try it on. In the pix it looked almost new and the price wasn't too high.
The seller said it was heavy cowhide. I'm eager to see how that feels.
We'll see when it gets here.

Sort of confused as to why I have that coming
when I love what I got back in August:
Langlitz%20Cascade%20Grey%20Front-L.jpg
Langlitz%20Cascade%20Grey%20PinStripes-L.jpg

I guess the problem is the August one is very old (about as old as me I think but I'm not sure) and some of the stitching has broken. Also there is a hole in the sleeve.

This jacket was actually EXTRA crispy and dry. It took about 2 weeks and over 1 tub of Langlitz Conditioner to get it back to reasonable. This picture is after the first 3-4 days. I later washed the jacket with mild soap and water and more of that yellow came off.

Would anyone know how to date this jacket?
Maybe I should make another thread about this jacket.

I think I got the black one just to have something to wear while I make time to ride up to Langlitz to get the Grey jacket looked at.

Thanks for any help.

I am excited for you.
Love Langlitz leather and highly recommend the custom fit if you get the chance. Lifetime jacket!

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
View attachment 140426

View attachment 140428

Worked fine. No issues.

Who makes it?

Stay Sharp & Stay Up
Cheers.

My new black Langlitz is totally black but photographs lighter in some light conditions- just like yours. I believe you will love it in person.

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
View attachment 138197 View attachment 138184 View attachment 138185 View attachment 138186

Fit Thedi is on the way from Thurston Bros. for this. Maybe I will have the antiqued tan buffalo custom jacket before Christmas. Yep..I am excited..!!
HD
Wow do I love this jacket.
At first I thought it was a vintage jacket that you found somewhere.
Now re-reading your post - this is a new jacket?

If so,
how do I get one? Of course this is custom measured & cut I presume.
Can one get other custom features? Like zippered cuffs or a loop for a fountain pen inside?

I am not really a fan of browns or tans. Almost all my clothes and jackets are black, grey, greens, or reds, besides the blue jeans stuff. However I really like the way this looks. I'd rather it be left as new and I'll distress it myself in time. I don't need any help in wearing out my stuff.
Turns out wearing things out is something I have a natural talent for. :)

Never really understood the concept of buying new clothes that are already ripped with holes. (??)
When a girlfriend saw the old, grey Langlitz Cascade I posted here, she asked me why I got a old worn-out jacket.

I said, "It's worn and battered because it's about 50 years old. The jacket is truly old and vintage with real wear. Not fake-old. I won't mention names but "people" buy jeans, jackets and other things brand-new that are pre-ripped or distressed at the factory. Paying brand-new prices for something that looks 10 years old. Please explain that first."
After 45 seconds of no answer - Change of subject.

:cool:
Cheers.

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
I am excited for you.
Love Langlitz leather and highly recommend the custom fit if you get the chance. Lifetime jacket!
Thanks. The jacket actually came a day early; the night before.
It seems that I misunderstood or calculated the size wrong and it's a bit too tight around the torso. Ironically the sleeves I was worried about are about where I thought they would be and would be fine. It's definitely heavy weight and I do love it.

I can just get the jacket closed but it's tight and I feel like a inverted beef burrito: The cow is on the outside while the dough is on the inside!

Since I can get the jacket on and zipped up, I will try wearing it for a few weeks to see if I can stretch it a bit as one might do with shoes. I've been going to the gym and loosing weight anyway and that might also help. Otherwise I might have to find it a new home.

I was planning on riding up to Langlitz to get them to work on my grey Cascade. While there I was going to get measured by them and then look into getting a custom fit jacket.
I'll see how things are closer to Thanksgiving.
Thanks for your comments.

Wow do I love this jacket.
At first I thought it was a vintage jacket that you found somewhere.
Now re-reading your post - this is a new jacket?

If so,
how do I get one? Of course this is custom measured & cut I presume.
Can one get other custom features? Like zippered cuffs or a loop for a fountain pen inside?

I am not really a fan of browns or tans. Almost all my clothes and jackets are black, grey, greens, or reds, besides the blue jeans stuff. However I really like the way this looks. I'd rather it be left as new and I'll distress it myself in time. I don't need any help in wearing out my stuff.
Turns out wearing things out is something I have a natural talent for. :)

Never really understood the concept of buying new clothes that are already ripped with holes. (??)
When a girlfriend saw the old, grey Langlitz Cascade I posted here, she asked me why I got a old worn-out jacket.

I said, "It's worn and battered because it's about 50 years old. The jacket is truly old and vintage with real wear. Not fake-old. I won't mention names but "people" buy jeans, jackets and other things brand-new that are pre-ripped or distressed at the factory. Paying brand-new prices for something that looks 10 years old. Please explain that first."
After 45 seconds of no answer - Change of subject.

:cool:
Cheers.

Yes it is a new repro jacket of a unique style. Thedi is located in Greece, but I recommend going through Thurston Bros. (206) 550-3545 and talk to Carrie who will even send you a try on jacket to make sure it fits correctly if you want. Yes they can be ordered with custom sleeve and body length ( that's how I am ordering ). You can also get this style in several different hides ( HH, Goat and buffalo ) and colors ( two different tans, brown and dark grey ). I do understand your displeasure with most distressing...but Thedi doesn't really ' distress ' the leather. They add an antiquing ' wash ' that is extremely well done and appears very natural as part of the color...not worn and battered. However that is optional.
I too don't understand the torn and ripped jeans that have the worn out appearance. The worn & torn areas are often not even where jeans normally get the most wear naturally. It's just a fad and looks ridiculous IMO. It started with younger girls but now even fifty year old women wear them. Guess they think it looks cool. I new that many women were into certain fashion but never dreamed that such a radical fad would catch on with all age groups like it has. People can often seem just nuts... well except for fedora and jacket members on this forum, of course. :D

HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points