Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

dubpynchon

One Too Many
Vanson/ Logan’s Closet wild one and Vanson chopper both inbound. They’re both Z-150 leather, which I prefer to the new comp weight Vanson offers, the Z-150 has a nice matte black colour and the new comp weight is a bit plastic looking I think.

Last edited:
UPS continues to hold my Bootlegger hostage. Thank God I’m so patient
19014D19-FC60-4FF2-B732-E9C3A7F6BF09.gif

The Miklos is on its way back— seller was understanding and professional about it.

To feel better I hit eBay where I came across another CL CHP (with brown mouton collar). Looks hardly worn. Give away price (seller stated Schott) so I hit BIN. And my CL addiction grows.

I have to say, of all the truly vintage jackets I have cycled through— the CLs and to a lesser extent Langlitz are the ones that are still the most wearable. Sturdy and robust mofos. All other brands I order expecting some seam or leather issues, etc. Much much less so with CL.

I have to say, of all the truly vintage jackets I have cycled through— the CLs and to a lesser extent Langlitz are the ones that are still the most wearable. Sturdy and robust mofos. All other brands I order expecting some seam or leather issues, etc. Much much less so with CL.

I honestly believed I won't come across another leather jacket that will truly amaze me until getting that CL. Langlitz makes a great jacket but it's shocking how high quality CL gear is. They're equaled only by Bates which while not as heavy, also makes a jacket that's engineered to perfections. This is a whole different level of quality. Vanson has some comparable models too but it's the little details on a Cal jacket that take it to a next level.

I honestly believed I won't come across another leather jacket that will truly amaze me until getting that CL. Langlitz makes a great jacket but it's shocking how high quality CL gear is. They're equaled only by Bates which while not as heavy, also makes a jacket that's engineered to perfections. This is a whole different level of quality. Vanson has some comparable models too but it's the little details on a Cal jacket that take it to a next level.

Yes!! And when dialed in fit-wise, it just feels and looks better than most other jackets. Form fitting but still roomy, somehow defying the laws of physics lol. Stellar stuff. I think the fit is helped by the very thick strip of leather around the bottom of the jacket, it sits nice and snug yet comfortable. A Langlitz does this too.

Yes!! And when dialed in fit-wise, it just feels and looks better than most other jackets. Form fitting but still roomy, somehow defying the laws of physics lol. Stellar stuff. I think the fit is helped by the very thick strip of leather around the bottom of the jacket, it sits nice and snug yet comfortable. A Langlitz does this too.

Exactly this! Well, I imagine that the one I got is a bit different because of the heavy shoulder and elbow padding but that's exactly what I was thinking too, how there's something weird going on as the jacket is tight fitting while still seeming having a lot of space all around. I can't figure it out. I mean, I can wear mine over a heavy fleece sweater and on a t-shirt and it'll fit exactly the same.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
The Miklos is on its way back— seller was understanding and professional about it.

To feel better I hit eBay where I came across another CL CHP (with brown mouton collar). Looks hardly worn. Give away price (seller stated Schott) so I hit BIN. And my CL addiction grows.

Amen Brother!
My first vintage leather was a CL CHP.
It was like hitting a home run on the first date with the Prom Queen.
Now i have four!
B
Ps: the lining is a big part of the fit feel.

Exactly this! Well, I imagine that the one I got is a bit different because of the heavy shoulder and elbow padding but that's exactly what I was thinking too, how there's something weird going on as the jacket is tight fitting while still seeming having a lot of space all around. I can't figure it out. I mean, I can wear mine over a heavy fleece sweater and on a t-shirt and it'll fit exactly the same.

Yes, so I am not crazy. With my Vanson it’s either put on a t-shirt or go to another jacket. Though I can layer in the Ike.

The LWs I can layer a little and it still looks good in a t-shirt, but it isn’t as snug feeling as the CL. This attribute plus the amazing leather has led to a weird obsession with the CL brand. Facilitated by the fact that most on eBay sell them for little bc they have no idea it’s a CL. Love it.

Lebowski

This guy has numerous complaints from sellers.
af1b889666170cab7a8da5f747de6bee.jpg
sorry for the flash reflection, but this beauty just arrived. See John’s shot,
ca11818069440ac344223391e74a9f59.jpg
6b1890f4d0cfefb755324a5aa55afb19.jpg
it’s Horween’s waxy horsehide, natural/light brown. The jacket is very heavy almost on par with FQHH HB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh yeah!! Reg, fit pics please!
The jacket looks just amazing. Fantastic. Fabulous. Superb. Splendid!!
You've got an absolutely gorgeous masterpiece of leather art. Congrats!

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It’s a one off rack jacket, he hadn’t get to list it. Had I waited, I’d have killed myself by now. You can see why in the Classified section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hats Matter

One of the Regulars
I am new to this particular Forum on FL as I mostly reside in the Hats forums. I have just started browsing this thread as I find the subject in keeping with my tastes in clothing an apparel so I thought I would contribute. This is from Ajmone Sartorial Leather based in Milano. A custom fitting was done by Roberto Ajmone who then made a sample in muslin and shipped it to the store I purchase my clothes from in San Francisco. The tailor in San Francisco made final measurement adjustments to the muslin sample and sent the changes to Ajmone. The leather is deerskin. The whole process took about 4 months.

IMG_1246 (2).JPG IMG_1243 (3).JPG

willyto

One Too Many
I am quite surprised at the amount of GW that end up for sale to be honest. One would think that people would hold on to them after the long period wait time and the custom fit (Not refering to this one in particular that was a sales page item)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto