Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

So Model E = Highwayman?
Then why have two names?

I know you had. I am not allowed to use the correct words on this website to describe how I feel about you selling it.
However I then thought, someone had it made, maybe they would make another...

So now I've got one coming (I hope it fits) to learn about how I like it and what I might ask for.
Then see how much it would cost in grey. New Highwayman is only about $780. But a custom might be more.
I don't know.
It would be more but if the stock fit is good the upcharge for a new leather is around $75. Or so I’ve heard...

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
By the way, I also noticed (recently learned) that a Schott 125 (I think) is almost the same design.
Very similar pockets and placement pattern, plus some lacing on the sides and a belt.

I'd like to hear any feeling good, bad, or ugly regarding these two jackets that seem so similar from some who may have and love both.

Thanks.

ShadowBoxer

Familiar Face
I weep every time the grey E is discussed. Slipped right through my fingers.
Yup.
Now even though I'm talking of simply having another made by Vanson, it won't be a vintage jacket from 20 or more years ago. At least not until 20 or more years from now.

I just bought a pair of Langlitz goatskin pants that sort of fit (about 85%). They were made with a rivet and Langlitz told me that was a process they stopped back in the early 1970s. So even though I can buy the exact same thing today, it won't be vintage and will cost about 5x as much. These were old with a few scuffs. I washed them and the loose parts shrunk up a bit and now they fit 95% and are perfect for riding or just walking around. I prefer my older stuff to a new "reproduction".

That said, there are several Langlitz designs that I have been thinking of ordering from them this year. IF you know exactly what you want, and it's not a common thing (a black leather jacket - pretty easy to find), it might be impossible to find and then find in your size, etc. I'm not against simply ordering something like that.

Fonzie

One Too Many
Lol hey @Carlos840 I'm glad to see that you’re really keeping your New Year’s resolution of not buying anymore jackets this year! :D
January hasn’t finished yet and how many new ones you got? :p

This needs a serious clean before i get anywhere near it, it smells all sorts of funky!
I have been looking for a Taubers racing shirt for a while, but have never seen one big enough. I think this is the closest i will find in my size.
I can't find any info on this Vanson version, anyone knows anything about them? I think it is called a "Denver" but that's all i could find.

QI0eijW.jpg

RTIzxoi.jpg

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
This needs a serious clean before i get anywhere near it, it smells all sorts of funky!
I have been looking for a Taubers racing shirt for a while, but have never seen one big enough. I think this is the closest i will find in my size.
I can't find any info on this Vanson version, anyone knows anything about them? I think it is called a "Denver" but that's all i could find.

QI0eijW.jpg

RTIzxoi.jpg

That Shirt looks very nice indeed. I've seen pictures of this Vanson, not sure if I could pass on one for sale in my size.

I've passed on a couple of other vintage shirts, not sure why. Haven't seen one of any make for sale recently.

This will fit well in your closet and I hope on you as well. You pick well.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I'm telling you got lucky on this one. I just bough two jackets the day before, I should have got this one too. Glad it went to a good home.

This is a Lost Worlds jacket? There were/are several Uniform makers in NYC, but this just looks like LW

nyc-police-jpg.154162

I'm telling you got lucky on this one. I just bough two jackets the day before, I should have got this one too. Glad it went to a good home.

This is a Lost Worlds jacket? There were/are several Uniform makers in NYC, but this just looks like LW

nyc-police-jpg.154162

No, Lost World just makes a repro and not even theirs is this nice. This is something else. It could be Skaggerac but there are at least two other makers that made this style whose jackets sometimes pop up on eBay.

Plus I don't think LW ever made jackets for the police.

I've got two in the Mail from the West Coast, one North one South.

This one is coming from the LA area. early 40s Talon Zippers. Suppose to be a fit. Nice if it does Nice if it doesn't.

s-l1600.jpg

And this Half-belt. Yes, I know. Maybe here this Saturday. I'm holding my breath on this one.

s-l1600.jpg

I was going to bid on the police jacket...and...forgot. Cal? Whatever it is it is absolutely beautiful. Glad you got it. I was told it was in great condition, no loose seams, no odors, etc.

No, Lost World just makes a repro and not even theirs is this nice. This is something else. It could be Skaggerac but there are at least two other makers that made this style whose jackets sometimes pop up on eBay.

Plus I don't think LW ever made jackets for the police.

The HH label within the jacket looks just like the main label LW uses-- which probably is a testament to the quality of LWs repros. If it were a LW, then I hit the motherload for the price I paid. I will check out Skaggerac. The only two others makers I found making this version are Miklos SAS and Smith & Gray. Any others I should be looking into? The jacket is supposed to arrive today so hopefully it has a label.

The HH label within the jacket looks just like the main label LW uses-- which probably is a testament to the quality of LWs repros. If it were a LW, then I hit the motherload for the price I paid. I will check out Skaggerac. The only two others makers I found making this version are Miklos SAS and Smith & Gray. Any others I should be looking into? The jacket is supposed to arrive today so hopefully it has a label.

Yes, that's it! Miklos SAS. Couldn't remember the name before and the other one is... Heh, I still can't remember. It's not Smith & Gray so that'd make it four makers that I (now) know of though I've read someplace there were more authorized makers that manufactured these for the NYPD.

I'm pretty sure it's not LW. One you got is a much nicer jacket.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I was going to bid on the police jacket...and...forgot. Cal?

Ok, we are even! Not sure the maker, early 40s. Will know more when it arrives. The Hercules is at the Post Office, they are not delivering today. They are open, but I'm having trouble with the car.

Ok, we are even! Not sure the maker, early 40s. Will know more when it arrives. The Hercules is at the Post Office, they are not delivering today. They are open, but I'm having trouble with the car.

When I saw the final price I was disappointed in myself. I slapped myself yelling "c'mon man, c'mon man", lol.

Great price and it appears to be a more than worthy addition to your next-level collection. I will certainly be interested in hearing about it when it arrives.

It was a Miklos SOS. It will be returned. Cracking in collar, shoulder and cuffs. Flaking like crazy in the cuffs. Some obvious dry rot.

Too bad, I really like this thing. Top notch but it simply hasn’t been maintained.

May have Stu build me one. Must resist this urge now.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
It was a Miklos SOS. It will be returned. Cracking in collar, shoulder and cuffs. Flaking like crazy in the cuffs. Some obvious dry rot.

Too bad, I really like this thing. Top notch but it simply hasn’t been maintained.

Painful. Too bad. Hope you can get a refund. Don't recall much about the seller. I always describe any condition related to those areas on a Leather jacket. Should have been described/pictured.

They aren’t terribly hard to come by. Keep your eyes peeled and you’ll find one. Schott made this model in HH too. 70’s era NYC cop coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points