How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by red devil, Feb 12, 2017.

1. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

@ton312 Please tell me the eagle has landed..

2. red devil

red devil One Too Many

There are many possible explanations to this one, from the person who placed the order having moved on to something different, to expectations not being met after all, etc.

3. willyto

willyto Practically Family

I would tend to agree but I think the second possibility is the one that holds more true I'm afraid. If I'm not wrong once you decide on the jacket model until you receive it isn't that long of a time so such a volatile difference in taste of jackets would be very surprising!

I think that as good as they might be they hype surrounding GW it's his worse enemy. A hype created by the customers when GW was still in full working order that is bound to disappoint any customer once the jacket arrives. Having so many options out there I still don't get why people don't choose other makers who would be as capable (Dada Himel and Thedi would be the first that come to mind for civilian stuff and if RTW is a good fit then any of the japanese makers or Eastman Leather Clothing for example, Whitefeather even).

4. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 Call Me a Cab

I've had the same thought with ever "used" GW jacket I've purchased.

People loose or gain weight.
    Have enough money they don't care.
    Are not that "into" leather jackets like folks here.

I bought and sold a Beautiful GW California racer. I informed the seller who made the jacket and it didn't make a difference. I bought it right and sold it.

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Negative.

6. Bfd70

Bfd70 One Too Many

I suspect that many GW are held on to and a few are passed around several times. It would be interesting to know how often sellers are the original owners.

7. Horseoak

Horseoak Familiar Face

I'd like to acquire a Cordovan colored FQHH Highwayman sometime in 2019

Dav likes this.
  8. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

?? If I have to wait anylonger for these pictures, I'm coming to Chicago and drive that parcel to your house myself..

Lebowski, ton312 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  9. Wdawg

Wdawg Familiar Face

Might be slightly crazy for buying a Ralph Lauren jacket off the bay, but I'm a sucker for a CR and it just looks like it has everything going for it. Hopefully lives up to the pics.

rl.jpg rl2.jpg

10. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Crazy cool to my eyes.

11. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

On one hand I agree with you, it is surprising to see a jacket that someone waited years for passed on as if it were just another jacket that could be found anywhere. On the other hand, I think it is a symptom of and a part of the jacket culture that we belong to. Many of us are still searching for that perfect jacket and the Good Wear, no matter how good it really is, becomes just another step along the path.
    When I put down my deposit three years ago I told myself that when the time came and I had my jacket from John it would be the coup de grace, no further jackets needed ever. Well, I received it right before Christmas and it is everything I hoped it would be in terms of hide, style, and fit. That still didn’t stop me from reaching out to Stu at Lost Worlds 10 days later to order a custom CHP!
    What I’m trying to say is I think the fact that we see so many Good Wears, Thedis, Himels, Aeros, etc. Up for sale is just more proof that the quest is never really over.

12. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It’s so true man. The journey is the destination. I long abandoned the notion of THE perfect leather jacket. I wouldn’t even recognize it if I saw it, and if I don’t see it how can it be perfect? I’m in the twilight of my leather jacket buying life though. I do wish to keep a small stable of leather jackets, with zero redundancy.

I’m looking very forward to my incoming pike bros N1. After that I’m taking a year off and will spend some time crafting a wool/leather halfbelt. All occasions covered.

13. Dav

Dav One Too Many

After seeing Ton's New BL I'm now convinced I'm going to order another Highwayman in the same leather.
    Has anyone dropped 2 sizes in a HWM and how did it workout?
    Looking at the measurements the 38 is the same chest as my 42 A-2 so should be perfect.

Lebowski, ton312 and Horseoak like this.
  14. Mich486

Mich486 Practically Family

I dropped 2 sizes in my Highwayman and it’s perfectly fine. Still room for a sweater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dav likes this.
  15. ProteinNerd

ProteinNerd My Mail is Forwarded Here

I’m looking at Tons Bootlegger v3 and even though I’ve got a damn Cordo Bootlegger, it makes me want to order another one!

This is a sickness....

El Marro, dannyk, Mich486 and 2 others like this.
  16. Carlos840

Carlos840 Call Me a Cab

I want to order a cordovan Grizzly with black fur, a throat latch and moleskin lining all around.
    I have no "need" for it, but that cordo sure does look nice.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    dannyk, Mich486, ton312 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Horseoak

Horseoak Familiar Face

Same

Dav likes this.
  18. TheOldFashioned

TheOldFashioned A-List Customer

I don't personally own a HWM (have a 30s HB) but Thurston Bros has several listed on eBay, and all describe the fit as a two size difference. For example "sz 40 (fits like 44)."

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Highw...042131?hash=item2875ae31d3:g:ReYAAOSwOYRb3Ijs

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aero-Highw...170320?hash=item2875ceab10:g:OBgAAOSwfqFaoX5g

Please note these examples apply to the original cut, not the Premiere version.

Dav likes this.
  19. Dav

Dav One Too Many

Thanks gents, thought I'd better check first.

20. Boyo

Boyo One Too Many

@Dav keep the overall jacket length in mind.. a smaller overall size may result in a shorter than desired jacket even though the shoulders and pit to pit are correct.

Dav likes this.