Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
KeepOnTruckin_LG1.jpg

Hh121

Banned
Lol, that's at least 2 sizes too big... I'm not sure I care for the corduroy collar on this either. I think it would look much better all-leather, and maybe with some contrast stitching.

Regardless, I am looking forward to reading the reviews from those who bought one. Really would like to know how good the leather is, if it's worth the price or not. At $333 it looks like a bargain, not sure about $650+ and some of the sites that were selling this had it up around $900+.

I hope leather will look as good as the picture
c64b77ca715ae72506cfdd43d9b01480.jpg

I actually like the collar. Agreed that at $350 it’s a good deal. Too many unknowns for anything over that. The sleeves do look AWFULLY wide.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Remember that nice condition suede jacket I picked up for a bargain the other day? Apparently someone at eBay's GSP Kentucky liked it too. Shipment was stopped as restricted and not deliverable and that's it I guess. Curious to see whether I'll get my money back. What a fraudulent bullshit.

Remember that nice condition suede jacket I picked up for a bargain the other day? Apparently someone at eBay's GSP Kentucky liked it too. Shipment was stopped as restricted and not deliverable and that's it I guess. Curious to see whether I'll get my money back. What a fraudulent bullshit.
That happened to me once from the UK via ebays garbage gsp. It won’t last. Fear not. You will have it.

Last edited:

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just received this 50-60s Italian police (?) jacket, raglan shoulder with belt, strong goatskin. Not as thick & armor like as the East German or Swedish coat from post war, but similar idea, far stiffer than today’s goat.
4cae25b41ae6599e20a7df83b18a5537.jpg
856429359146f2d8091d30de9b014b8f.jpg
f3f789913ac1a45fd403154a3ffd572d.jpg
f07bc1e61fbec5a65997c437334ae69b.jpg
4f43b8a6763b2a69fd9bb7363f2adee4.jpg
de3a83d61d3127fda58c13fa8815de33.jpg
c0871fb603202cbb8dad3ccf388b9e57.jpg

Any of your European collectors who know about this brand please share your knowledge! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
That happened to me once from the UK via ebays garbage gsp. It won’t last. Fear not. You will have it.

Just been refunded by paypal. It's gone. The guy who was supposed to re-pack it probably liked it, kept it and filed some bullshit about it being a restricted item, which leather jackets clearly are not. No further elaboration what exactly the issue is. Just "restricted item". Baddabang, baddabumm and goodbye. No way to appeal to this decision, no one to contact about it. This has been my last purchase on eBay, fudge these guys.

What the. . . On what basis was it stopped?

@jacketjunkie - Real sorry to hear that. I've had some trouble with Ebay's GSP too though it eventually came through. That system is broken beyond repair. The package's been handled by three private courier services, one of which may have repacked it. The jacket was delivered in an open plastic bag! The tracking number disappeared off the grid the second day, the jacket being marked as Signed for and Delivered without any trace. It's a stupid system.

lucky23

One of the Regulars
@jacketjunkie - Real sorry to hear that. I've had some trouble with Ebay's GSP too though it eventually came through. That system is broken beyond repair. The package's been handled by three private courier services, one of which may have repacked it. The jacket was delivered in an open plastic bag! The tracking number disappeared off the grid the second day, the jacket being marked as Signed for and Delivered without any trace. It's a stupid system.
Yup, Im waiting for a jacket shipped using that system. Been close to a month and still haven't received it. According to tracking, it actually reached my city, then was shipped away to two different cities 1500 miles away.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
My incoming Schott trucker is being shipped through Ebay Global Shipping from the UK, and I have four different tracking numbers for it, each of which has different data in it, and it's pretty unclear what actually is going on with the shipment. I gather that one of the tracking number is was from the seller to Ebay, one of the numbers, is for the overseas journey, and then one of them might be after it gets here, GSP hands it off to a courier like UPS or FedEx for final delivery. But it's fairly ridiculous the way the data is being presented on my purchase history page. The cost of this service is relatively reasonable, at around $30, but as others have said the concerns with reliability are alarming. I've ordered Tons (lol) of jackets from UK and Japanese sellers in the last few years, and have had almost no problems. (One time a Japanese seller sent me the wrong item and I had to return it, but eventually did receive what I had ordered.) I've never had anything lost, damaged, burned by customs, and only occasionally delayed. This one is supposed to arrive April 2, which is a bit longer than others, but not out of line with some of the slower shipping methods. I've had stuff come from the UK and arrive in 3-4 days, which is fantastic, but I can't imagine it's very affordable. 7-10 days seems reasonable, and 20-30 days not uncommon if they use one of the cheaper options, and any longer than that it gets annoying, produces anxiety. I need to get that leather out of the box and breathing so it doesn't get all creasey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner